JCZK Heli and MiniPix

Ed, I am interested in what you are specifically referring to in this case. Is this an ardupilot thing or the JCZK 450? Sounds like, from what I can tell in this thread, that the JCZK aircraft come with a Minipix and PX4 firmware loaded?

I agree that arducopter setup can be involved. I would be interested in getting constructive feedback on what could be better with our wiki for the helicopter setup. I am considering doing small 5 min videos on each section for standard setups. The versatility of this firmware makes it difficult to cover all use cases.
Thanks in advance,
Bill

Bill,

The issue is that the JCZK helicopters, either the Switzer 300 or the basic 450 are sent out with NO instructions or manual or even how to unlock the motor. Many of us has figured it out and there are some helpful uTube videos and blogs. But, there is absolutely no product support from JCZK or the vendors!

The JCZK controller, known as a 380, is , I think, really a MiniPix in a different box. Its settings can be seen in Mission Pilot or Ground Control. Only an expert could dare to make changes! So, JCZK have set it up for the two helicopters.

My advise is to remove the 380. Install a FlyWing H1 controller. It is setup by following a sequence in the PC program. That gives the helicopter position hold and RTH with the GPS. The H1 is intended for virtually any model helicopter of any size.

Bill, Davi is new to the JCZK and has no experience with arducopter. For this purpose, he should not even try!

I did it. I got a MiniPix and setup a different helicopter. It was a lot of learning and mistakes. I enjoyed every minute. And I used the JCZK supplied transmitter and SBUS receiver.

Ed

@bnsgeyer Hi Bill, an update to the wiki with your experiences and those of chris olson, would be very nice. Videos are often the most informative.
Overall, your autotune will help us the most. If you do another wiki with video to go with the autotune, we would all be very happy. I am in great anticipation. Many thanks

BR
Heri

thanks looking forward to pictures.does the way you are flying it does it stiil have return to home. what are you showing on switch G.i think i may have messed that up.Dave.

@aerocar Ed,
Thanks for the information on the JCZK helicopters. That explains things. Every user has different needs so Ardupilot is not for everyone. But I would like to make setup easier for those that want to try. If you have time and want to look through the wiki and provide feedback that would be welcomed.

@heri I plan on working on the videos for the autotune first as that is my first priority at the moment as 4.2 beta is about to release. I plan to start making videos this spring for the standard setup. I have a Trex 700 I’m about to purchase and I can take videos as I go through the setup procedures.

Davi, If you are going to use the RadioMaster TX, there is a Facebook group for these radios.
I will get some pictures of my JCZK and transmitter shortly.
Do go to uTube and search for videos of JCZK. It is really the ONLY source for help with the product.
Ed

thanks hope you can send soon. like to see the positions under switch G.Dave.

Sorry to bother you, i can not find much on internet. i wish i would have your info on quad copter. you told me not to touch anything. i did go into switch G,i have it messed up .are the positions for this switch Normal 1 pos2 stabilation pos 3 gps.can you tell me what is on this switch. also return to home i messed that up also. i have a Naza h with gps that works great.are my pos on switch G correct.Thanks for your time Dave.

Davi, I had a Naza H it was not easy to setup. Glad it got sold!
W
You have a beautiful scale helicopter. Do not crash it. Go to uTube, search for JCZK. You will find a lot of help.
I am traveling not. I brought my JCZK with me to help you, when possible.
Ed

looking forward to your help Dave.

Ed Sweeny,have any info for me.Dave.

Davi,

With my phone, I searched JCZK and found a manual for the 300 and for the 450L and for the AT9S transmitter.

I got them moved from phone to PC and have them attached above. I sure wish I had these files several years ago.

The one think I have not found is the method of calibrating the compass and magnetometers in the helicopter. The manual does not explain.

If you find it, please forward. I’ll do same if I find it. Do not fly you helicopter until calibrated. Remember, the last time it flew was in China!

Ed

AT9S User Manual-2017.12.13.pdf (2.44 MB)

300C Owners Manual - 2.pdf (83 KB)

(Attachment 450l.pdf is missing)

Operation Video of RC Helicopter RTF 6-axis-Gyro Flybarless GPS FLYPRO 300C Smart Heli 450L 2.4GHZ

Davi, This is the best and most useful uTube on the helicopter.

Ed

Thanks ED for the info. on switch G i have stabl, p Hold, Posi. the abbreviations are a little confusing.the last position of switch i am not sure of. would all these settings no be correct. what would i see on switch f. look at your tx and let me know.i do understand the calibration. if u could respond to day it would help.pictures would help no fly until i have it right.thanks Dave.

Yesterday, I tried to setup my JCZK 450L to take pictures for you. The transmitter won’t turn on. It appears that the plastic piece that moves the inside switch arm is broken!! With a meter I could prove that the switch itself is OK.
I hope the second and third emails to you might have the answers you need now.

Ed

Thanks for all your help. to bad your switch is broken. i really would like to see the settings. do you know any one else that could get those pictures for me.i truly appreciate all your help.Thanks Dave.

I opened the TX. The switch is broken internally! I have written to RadioLink for parts or replacement. But that could take a month. If I can find a similar slide switch, I will unsolder the bad one and replace it. I do not dare try to operate my 450L to get the pictures you need. Ed

thanks for your reply, i can wait if you can reach out to someone else,to find out .Dave.

I think i have it know did a lot of browsing on the web. all cyclic and rudder response are good. the only thing that i cannot get the motor to arm. any thoughts on that how did you do it.thanks for your help DAVE.

Davi,

The attachments I have sent you explain everything including how to arm the motor.

The uTube video is excellent. Did you see them?

Is this your first RC helicopter?

If so, PLEASE get help from an experienced RC helicopter pilot for the first few flights.

I have ordered a switch for my AT9S and should have it next week.

Ed