Issue with precision loiter and landing

Good Day

I would like to check with you on why my heal value is 1 whereas my Tacq is 0 despite adjusting the lens before flying and making the quadcopter fly over and hover at the beacon? Is there any possibility that GPS or PID Control and Kalman Filter will affect the precision landing of the quadcopter? The flight log is as attached. The time recorded by the Mission planner is 1/1/1980 when i conducted the test today.

Regards

Junhui2019-03-07 16-44-51.tlog (316.9 KB)
2019-03-07 16-51-06.tlog (247.2 KB)
1 1-1-1980 8-00-00 AM.bin (810.2 KB)
2019-03-07 15-47-21.tlog (131.6 KB)
2019-03-07 15-27-01.tlog (295.5 KB)
2019-03-07 15-24-54.tlog (727.2 KB)
1 1-1-2000 9-17-58 AM.bin (132 KB)

This usually means that the Pixy is not detecting the beacon. You can test this by pointing the Pixy at the beacon; the LED will be red when it sees the beacon.

If the LED does not turn red, then usually the problem is the lens focus is wrong, or the Pixy has the wrong firmware.
You can check both of these things by downloading PixyMon 1.0.2 from the IR-Lock website. The Pixy firmware MarkOne 1.0.1 is also there. If you update the Pixy’s firmware, you must remember to reset the Pixy’s configuration parameters in PixyMon by selecting Action -> Reset to default parameters (or something like that).

Sorry, Mr. Anubis. I have the same problem.

1. You mentioned that if the Pixy detects an infrared lock beacon, the LED will turn red. Are you referring to the LED lights on the Pixy?
    If so, no matter how I adjust the focus, it will show red, green, and blue, not just red.

2. My Pixy firmware cannot use MarkOne 1.0.1 because PixyMon software always jumps to the old version. It is recommended that I change the version to 2.0 or above.

3. I want to connect to CubeOrange+ flight controller, so the communication interface must be changed to I2C. However, the official website mentioned that after burning the firmware, it needs to be reset to the default parameters?
    So my interface always changes to the default Arduino ICSP SPI. what do I do?

I hope you can give me some advice or guidance, thank you in advance.

Sorry, I have already figured out the above 3 questions based on the following website(Pixhawk IR-Lock를 사용한 정밀 착륙 -1- :: 뽀루뚜기의 잡다구리 기술 블로그).
But my current problem is as follows
PL.Heal=1 in bin file, but everything else is 0 (ex:TAcq, pX, pY, pZ)
Even if the Pixy LED displays red, the PL value of the bin file is still 0
I would like to ask what other possibilities are there?

P.S.

1. I have a mounted rangefinder. The rangefinder model is LW20/C, and it is working normally.
  2. Pixy firmware version is MarkOne_1.0.1.hex
    3.PixyMon version 1.0.2
  3. The FC firmware version is ArduCopter 4.0.5

I just checked the code, and it looks like IRLock always has PL.Heal = 1

(there is no code which changes healthy to 0)

Your problem is probably the I2C connection. Either the the PLND_BUS parameter is wrong, or maybe your wiring is incorrect.

First of all thank you very much for your reply
But I think there should be no problem with the hardware, because I use an I2C splitter to connect the rangefinder (LW/20C) and IR-Lock (Pixy) at the same time, and the rangefinder connection detection is normal.
And if I set PLND_BUS to -1 or 1, “Bad Vision Position” will appear, and the PL.Heal of the bin file will also display 0 instead of 1.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Try setting PLND_BUS = 0. I think the I2C port on the Cube standard carrier board is I2C bus 0. Setting it to -1 is the same as setting it to 1, so neither of those will work.

thanks for your reply

I have set PLND_BUS=0
The “Bad Vision Position” warning will not appear, and the PL.Heal of the bin file will also display 1, but other contents of PL are always 0

I don’t know what else I can try

Strange. When you connect PixyMon, can you see the beacon and the square target drawn around the beacon?

have
But there are multiple boxes that are repeated
I guess it’s because of the close distance.
Because I am still testing, I only place the beacon at a distance of about 1m

In addition, I would like to ask whether using EKF3 or EKF2 on the flight control end will affect the IR-lock’s judgment of the target?
Because I saw this URL: Precision Landing without GPS - #9 by graham_new
It seems that IR-Lock was originally designed to work with EKF2, not EKF3.
But I just quoted EKF2 as the AHRS source, and PL.TAcq is also 0

It doesn’t matter which EKF you’re using. It works with both.

Make sure that you are getting a valid reading from the rangefinder. I think precision landing will not run and TAcq will be 0 if the rangefinder value is bad, so make sure you’re getting a sensible reading from the rangefinder, and that the reading is within your configured minimum and maximum range for the rangefinder.

After checking, confirm that the rangefinder is functioning properly.
My rangefinder uses LW/20C, which also has an I2C interface. I connect the rangefinder and Pixy in series through an I2C splitter.

I would like to ask if there is a difference in the firmware version of Pixy?
My current firmware version is V1.0.1
I saw on the forum that some people are using V1.0.2 or V1.0.3, but I did not find the firmware download resources for V1.0.2 and V1.0.3.

Hi
Mr. Anubis
I replaced the flight controller and it solved the problem
I’m guessing there’s something wrong with my original flight controller, but I’m not sure what the problem is.
I have the same settings
Thank you for your help!!