Is it possible to use SmartPort sensors and send them back to the TX when using an ELRS receiver?

This is maybe a weird question, but I’m very new to ArduPilot and I’m not sure what’s technically feasible.

I would like to report per-cell voltage data back to the TX. With an FrSky receiver basic support would be simple, just use an FrSky MLVSS that reports per-cell voltage over SmartPort and put it on the SmartPort link between the flight controller and the receiver.

For a more sophisticated setup, could Ardupilot receive this data over SmartPort and use it to make decisions, display it on the OSD, etc? (Frsky Sensors by ChrisBird · Pull Request #14583 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub hasn’t been updated in half a year now, is there anything equivalent being developed?)

Can Ardupilot receive this data over SmartPort and then re-transmit it via CRSF to an ELRS receiver, then back to the TX over ELRS?

Lastly, is there a better way to get per-cell voltage sent back to the TX when using an ELRS receiver? Or do people just live with pack voltage and assume the batteries are balanced enough that it’s not a problem in practice?

Thanks!

I am also interested in using an ELRS receiver with Pixhawk 4 as the range is fantastic with crossfire. I have no idea how to configure however.

Crossfire is a separate radio protocol from ELRS, but they both share the CRSF wire protocol between the flight controller and receiver.

To set it up, you need to connect it to a UART with DMA on your flight controller. See Ardupilot Setup - ExpressLRS and you may also find this useful: Ardupilot and CRSF: Setup, gotchas and some cool stuff too! (Crossfire, ELRS and Tracer) - YouTube