Following on from my Kakute F4 carrier board for Raspberry Pi, I’ve now generalised and improved the design to fit any flight controller.
It’s called the “Pi-Connect” and has:
- 5.1 / 3.5A power supply for the Pi (takes in 7-30V input via a Molex Nanofit connector)
- JST-GH connector for connection to flight controller telemetry port (though I can provide a JST-GH to DF13 cable for Pixhawk users)
- 2x powered UARTs for connecting to other devices on the vehicle
- ADC for voltage monitoring (2x used for board voltage rails, 3x spare)
- Overcurrent and ESD protection
- Fits the uHAT specification (size and screw holes match a Raspberry Pi / Zero)
It doesn’t require any special software or drivers on the Raspberry Pi - just a few extra lines to
/boot/config.txt. However, I am creating a small web interface to manage the telemetry streams, network and analog ports.
I’ve launched a small Indigogo for the board so I can do a small production run (plus board certifications). So if you’re interested, go to https://igg.me/at/piMdxRo2YBg/x/2660470#/ to order a board!