Incorrect calculation for nav_roll_cd in L1 Controller

I need someone to back me up here on this bug I believe I have found. I was reviewing the L1 controller code in an effort to use the controller for heli high speed waypoint navigation. I think the calculation for nav_roll_cd is incorrect. Here is the current code that calculates this variable

int32_t AP_L1_Control::nav_roll_cd(void) const
{
float ret;
ret = cosf(_ahrs.pitch)*degrees(atanf(_latAccDem * 0.101972f) * 100.0f); // 0.101972 = 1/9.81
ret = constrain_float(ret, -9000, 9000);
return ret;
}

My concern is where the multiplication by 100.0f is placed. It is inside the parenthesis for the conversion from radians to degrees. I believe the intent of the multiplication by 100 is to convert the value to centidegrees. in its current form it multiplies the radian value of the roll angle by 100. This line should read
ret = cosf(_ahrs.pitch) * 100.0f * degrees(atanf(_latAccDem * 0.101972f));

@tridge, @rmackay9 who is the right person to verify this?

does moving it make a difference to the final calculation though? I think maybe it doesn’t matter as long as it’s not within the atanf or cosf function’s arguments.

Ok. I will retract my post. Your right it is doesn’t make a difference. I didn’t follow through with the calculation. It didn’t seem to make sense. Thanks for setting me straight.

might still be worth changing to improve the readability of the code