How to tell if/which RC protocol Arducopter recognizes on SPKT/DSM port?

I cannot seem to see any channel movement with a yuneec sr24 reciever connected via the DSM port on my pixhawk 1.

is the st24 rc protocol functional?

Of all the protocols that run through the SPKT/DSM port (DSM2, DSMX, SRXL, ST24, etc) How can I tell if/which rc protocol arducopter has recognized?

1 Like

Anyone?

characters because i have to

I too am struggling to find this.
It’s not in the messages tab and i can’t find it in the tlog either.
Any tips?

Here are all the supported radio protocols listed and where to connect them : Radio Control Systems

If you want to know which protocol you are actually using, it is probably the protocol that your receiver is set to.

Also if you know what protocol you expect, but aren’t sure if ArduPilot detects it correctly, you can limit the protocols it is looking for with the RC_PROTOCOL parameter.

Whilst I agree with you, the process of elimination would ascertain the answer, I would have thought there would be something in the log to state which protocol is being received. I cannot find any reference to this so I guess its not to be.

Now that I think about it, it may be possible.

Go to Mission Planner “Dataflash Logs” tab, click “Convert .Bin to .Log” and select your logging file.
Then open that file with a text editor and search for “RC Protocol”, for me it looks like this:

Thanks Janno,
That worked a treat.

MSG, 3732059, RC Protocol: IBUS
MSG, 3732120, RCOut: DS300:1-4 PWM:5-9

1 Like