How to setup AM32 ESCwith arduplane?

Hello,

I was wondering if I can use ESCs with AM32 firmware with Arduplane. Documentation does not mention it at all.

Since AM32 supports PWM, DShot300 and DShot600 it should work just as every other DShot300/600 ESC.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

How about configuring the ESCs? There is this online tool but I am not sure if I need to follow the instructions for the passthrough here or do anything else to be able to connect to the escs with this browser-app.

Finally about SERVO_DSHOT_ESC, should I set it to 1 I guess?

Since information about AM32 is sparse, I would set up the FC passthrough like for a BLHeli_32 ESC. Basically SERVO_BLH_AUTO = 1 and connect with the web-app.

SERVO_DSHOT_ESC = 1 is perfect, according to AM32’s GitHub page it supports KISS telemetry

1 Like

Did you ever get this to work with telemetry? I have a SkyStars KM55A wit AM32 with SERVO_DSHOT_ESC = 1 working on Arducopter 4.4.4 but I don’t see any telemetry data coming in (RPM, temp etc.) at all.

Sorry cant help, I continued with BLHeli32 ESC after all.

OK, thanks for the reply.

This can have multiple reasons…
Is the telemetry wire correctly connected (plugged into a serial port)?
Is this serial port configured correctly? ( SERIALx_PROTOCOL = 16)
Is SERVO_BLH_TRATE non-zero?
If nothing above worked, did you try with bi-directional DShot (bdshot)?

It’s only bdshot I’m using and it’s working fine when using Betaflight. I think it’s software related and not properly implemented jet. Thanks for the reply anyways.

We managed to configure AM32 ESC telemetry on the MatekH743 running Arducopter. The configuration process should be quite similar for Arduplane.

Just make sure you set up serial protocol accordingly.