How to methodically tune (almost) any multicopter using ArduCopter 4.4.x

Those are baro issues. Read section 1

1 Like

It’s uploaded in the same folder. FINAL PRAM

Hello. Tuning in Betaflight, you had a log view of the setpoint, gyro, P, I and D and FF to be able to see how the quad is tracking inputs. I’m most interested in acro mode. My quad is flying well in automated modes but the acro performance isn’t quite there yet. What values should I be using in the Ardu Log Viewer to get a similar view? I’ve found values that seem to be what I want but they don’t line up at all on the plot…so you can’t easily determine whether the quad is tracking RC inputs well, overshooting, etc. Thanks for any suggestions.

In your 05_remotecontroller file:
RC_OPTIONS,288 # Enables Crossfire Telemetry
SERIAL2_BAUD,115 # For Mavlink over crossfire

In your 06_telemetry file:

SERIAL1_BAUD,57 # The mavlink over CRSF telemetry

Where (or who) are those serialports 1 and/or 2 connected?

I use telemetry to my radiomaster, no connection with MissionPlanner. (with serial7_option =0 and brd_alt =1)

Are your params (like RC_options = 288) used when Radiomaster is connected with Usb to MissionPlanner on PC ?

thx for clarifications , i would like to understand your setup because it differs very little from mine.

Look in the RATE outputs and the PID messages. Note that both of these require you to select non defaults in LOG_BITMASK

RC_OPTIONS, 288 is used for telemetry passthrough over CRSF for the Yaapu telemetry script on the Radiomaster TX16S (no connection to Mission Planner at this point).

SERIAL2 was connected to the Crossfire Nano RX pins 3 & 4 for MAVLink over CRSF, where the PC with Mission Planner is connected via wifi to the Crossfire Micro TX. However that didn’t work for us in the end because of strict firewall settings (company laptop).

SERIAL1 is connected to a self-designed ESP32 telemetry module running dronebridge for the connection to Mission Planner, the comment is outdated.

1 Like

I had PID checked. I don’t see a RATE item to check in the bitmask. I was using the logging bitmask from this tuning process. (LOG_BITMASK = 145372)
Is RATE part of “Fast Attitude” maybe? Thanks.

@andyp1per if you found a bug in the log bistmask value of the configurator, please submit a pull request or suggest the bit that fixes it.

@KevinB Section8 of the document above has details about that.
And you can also plot the PID?, RATE objects in the .bin log files and compare them with the RCIN objects.

As to LOG_BITMASK bits and their meaning see: How to methodically tune (almost) any multicopter using ArduCopter 4.4.x - #52 by amilcarlucas

No idea what the configurator does - I am just referring to the LOG_BITMASK settings available in mission planner

The configuration uses different LOG_BITMASK values depending on which configuration step you are currently doing.

So if for example the LOG_BITMASK for the Notch filter evaluation is wrong, you just need to fix it on the vehicle_examples/diatone_taycan_mxc/4.5.1-params/13_logging.param file

Here are the configuration files for your vehicle.
sauravhobyy.zip (259.6 KB)

It requires the -t ArduPlane command line parameter for now when starting the tool.
But otherwise it is a start.

Many parameters are not correctly configured, you should really load these files into the tool and use it to get the parameters done.

1 Like

I will have a look at this.

But today we tuned another same size drone and we couldn’t save prams when we used the configuratior maybe some issue from my end must be missing out on something maybe.

But we tuned using the above guide. And tuned it completely ( wihtout wind compensation and motor calibration ) and it was just much easier this time and quicker.

Also had to disable current and volt sensor because of wrong reading I hope that won’t affect tuning and magfit ?

Here are the logs plus the pram files.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1niSBuMIsgpodRNjT6HT5-OOe0HUZgXdY?usp=sharing

How exactly are you installing the software? Which version of the software are you using?

Version 0.2.2 can now autodetect ArduPlane without requiring the -t ArduPlane command line parameter if an FC is connected.

1 Like

That table in your link was EXACTLY what I needed. Thank you!

1 Like

testing of the radio failsafe and rc failsafe?

Thanks @DavidBuzz I’ll add that

@rmackay9 for the impatient users I now added a path to jump from section 3.2 into section 12 skipping the optimization steps in between and trading-off complexity and comprehension with simplicity and speed.

I also added a quicktune step at the end of section 3.2 to reduce the risk of the second (MAGFit) flight.

1 Like

Radio Failsafe was already on section 2.10 and I now added it to section 2.4 as well. Thanks.