How to enable esc telemetry?

how to enable feedback on the ESC so that I could receive amps, rpm and voltages, I connected the BHL and now I can configure the ESC using the BLHeli suite, but there is no data in the quick window

See Section 2.5 of How to methodically tune (almost) any multicopter using ArduCopter 4.4.x

Did you mean section 2.8 ?

To the OP, do you have a BLHeli_32 ESC? Are you using bidirectional Dshot, or a separate telemetry wire going to a UART?

Yes, it is section 2.8 now.

Correct, it is BLHeli32. We are using both, bdshot for motor rpm and ESC telemetry over UART for the rest.

PS: Amilcar is in fact OP of this blog post, I am “just” co-author.

I use BLHeli_32, not uart

The configuration enables both UART and BLHeli32.

thank you all for your help, the solution was to set the SERVO_BLH_BDMASK parameter to the channels used, now I can get data on the RPM of each motor, but I can’t get information about voltage amperage and temperature,

1. I have incorrectly configured either the ESC or the Controller,
  2. my ESC does not support the transfer of this data

I also noticed that the Matek F405-HDTE controller does not support the transmission of RPM data since it does not have the SERVO_BLH_BDMASK parameter, although it supports BLHeli ESC)

You can’t get more data than rpm through regular (non-EDT) bdshot, you need to connect an extra wire to a UART port that’s using SERIALn_PROTOCOL = 16. Or maybe your ESCs support extended dshot telemetry (EDT), if so set SERVO_DSHOT_ESC = 3.

It is possible that there is a software for the Matek F405-HDTE that supports bdshot, you can search here for it. It is probably called “xyz-bdshot”.

I have already downloaded the firmware with dshot support

You don’t need dshot support, every firmware does that. You need bdshot support.

1 Like

I’m sorry I got confused, but I downloaded the firmware with bdshot support, because when connected, the message matek f405 hdte bdshot is displayed in the console

Actually, “extended dshot telemetry” does give additional data like voltage and current but not all ESCs support it.

Sorry I wasn’t clear. The fact that EDT supports that is the reason I mentioned EDT in the first place.

I edited my post above to convey that message better. Thanks for the heads-up.

Assuming you’re using a BLHeli_32 ESC, are you running a new enough firmware on the ESC to support EDT?