How to control DC Motor by pixhawk?

The pixhawk signal output is PWM signal, then how to control DC Motor by pixhawk?

You need an Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) that connects to the battery and the motor and takes in the PWM signal for speed control.

1 Like

Thanks, but what if it’s a brush DC motor?The 12v DC motor only has two wires . For the ESC, any recommendations?

There are as many brushed ESC’s as Brushless.

Google is your friend.
Where did you get the brushed motor from?
Have they ESC’s.?
There are 2 types, Car and aircraft.
Typically the car type will have a configurable reverse the aircraft ones won’t.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help.

It’s a toy car. It doesn’t have ESCs. I have solved the problem by using Arduino. I will also try using ESCs.

I hope you do not try and drive the motor directly from the Arduino, you will most certainly fry it.

what if it is a brushless dc motor, how do you connect it to pixhawk

You will have to use some kind of brushless ESC. I use VESC, blheli and RC car ESCs in my rovers.

2 Likes

but what if the brushless dc motor is connected directly to development board where the board is programmed to controls the motors. do i still have to use brushless ESCs ?

Why do you ask the same question in different threads?

All motors (brushed and brushless) will need the associated esc being driven from the pwm/servo port of the flight controller. Its as simple as that.
The pixhawk is not designed with the current handling or configuration to run any motor. Full stop.

The pwm signal is for servo command signal. Not motor control.

thanks for your time. Cheers!