How To Connect Pixhawk 4 Dshot ESC

I DON’T care about DShot. I want to know: if I buy a 4 in 1 ESC board that runs on ONE SHOT protocol, will I be good to go. I DON’T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH DSHOT.

Again, oneshot and stuff like that is a crap protocol. Just dont bother with all the protocols and just run pwm. Give the esc pwm and it will work

I have BLHeli 32 DShot ESCs installed right now and NOTHING is working. I have tried everything you guys are saying and linking too. I have read all the documentation over the past 4 months and the one thing that I haven’t tried is the SYS_USE_IO. I have looked for that parameter in QGroundControl and it’s not there either. so please don’t suggest that I just DShot ESCs.
thanks in advance.

Well you are setting it up wrong. nothing to do with the flight controller or the esc. the SYS_USE_IO is a pix4 param. If you ran arducopter you could have it working in a matter of minutes if you want to work through this. You wont even have to change the esc or anything other than the software on the flight controller. If you are running head over to the PX4 forums for help.

I’m running Arducopter 4.0.7
Where do I download and install file to install PX4? I can’t find one. But as far as I know, QGroundControl is for PX4 and that parameter isn’t there either.

Yeah so you need to forget about the SYS_USE_IO param, thats a whole differant software. Now since you are running Arducopter. Follow this guide: https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-blheli32-passthru.html#common-blheli32-passthru

QGC is just a ground control software, it just reads data. PX4 is a whole different software for the flight controller. You will be doing more work trying to change over to PX4 for no gain

I’m not using cleanflight or betaflight, which interface do I use?

with arducopter you can use QGC or mission planner

that’s not one of the choices. It’s giving me the choice of 4 way if or USB/COM

Setup the flightcontrollers dshot stuff first then you can mess with the esc settings

in order to follow the direction I have to select the interface.

Done this around 50-55 times. Setup the flightcontroller with the params below the video first. then mess with the esc settings. To setup the FC use mission planner or QGC

I followed that video once and it didn’t work. Maybe I missed something so I’ll try it again.

and now I’m stuck. He connected his quad to a different port in order to use the blheli pass through but I can’t get mine to connect to any port but comm port 5
will it work if I’m not connected in mission planner?

It’s doing the same thing the last time I tried to use BLHeli. It says connect esc and power up and it just gives me a loading bar that never stops.
It never connects to my quad

I should have been clearer: use aux channels, enable DShot, set servoN_function to the motor you need.
Seriously, I think you’re just confused because you’ve been reading two sets of instructions that don’t align.

yes, I did that. servo function 9-12 are set to 33-36

something worked this time.
I think what happened last time, is that it didn’t save my MOT_PWM_TYP value. I just changed it to 4. wrote the params. and reconnected and it was set back to 0
So, I changed it again and tested a motor and it worked.
At least I got something out of it. I’ll work on it

com 5 is not an issue thats just the port the fc assigns. its really something you can ignore