How to connect a water pump to pixhawk 4

Hello everybody,

I’m building a spray drone but I don’t know where to connect the pump. I would like to know where should I connect the wires and what settings should I change in the mission planner.

My components are:
Pixhawk 4
Power Management Board
Brushless water pump with esc

1 Like

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/sprayer.html
This is a good place to start. The wiki is your friend, try hooking it up the way its written and if you run into trouble come back and let us know what you have done and what the problem is. Make sure and post param files and bin files when seeking help.

2 Likes

Hi, did you figure this out? I am trying to do something similar now for my project (spraying quadcopter) and I’m very lost… I’m new to drones and all these electronics (relays, governors, servo). Any insight would help.

My tank is only 1L so I was thinking of a mini brushless pump (6-12V), and possibly a brushed esc? Not sure if I need other components before connecting to the flight controller…

@Looney Did you ever figure it out? I am trying to implement a similar 12v brushless pump

Then use a brushless ESC. The post above yours suggesting a brushed ESC with a Brushless pump makes no sense.