How About a V2450GPS Mod Thread . . . Post Yours

I’ve looked, but can’t seem to find one on eBay at the price point I’m willing to throw away.

These are the parameters I’m using. Flying Tower waypoints in Auto mode my 2450 just keeps chugging even when Tx connection drops and distance is way beyond the factory-set fence. (shrugs)

Also, this is how I carry the 2450. Carefully crafted from a cardboard wine case and foam sheets. Glued the plastic stand from the SV packaging to the bottom of the box. fits in a small backpack. The lid doubles as a launch pad in tall grass etc.

voila.

not sure. I’ve got mine flying until it loses radio. Fence totally disabled. You should fly a mission and have it failsafe, pull the log and post it here.

I see the Tlog files in Tower>Vehicle History but I don’t see them in Android File Mgr and I can’t share them out from Tower. What’s the method? sorry if this is old news.

Also: This does not seem good…

O wait I see

Tlog Halls Island 180615 103543883

wow that’s interesting how MP will replay the Tlog.

Nice job . . . but how do you carry the wine??
(couldn’t resist)

Also, it saves dataflash.bin files on the SD card.

Mine does this too - not sure what causes it, but it doesn’t affect flight at all.

I found those motor kits on Ebay. Wow their prop gears actually run on good size bearings top and bottom of prop gear assy

Finally got the frame I wanted for a great price. With promo code it was $26. It says 5" but it means it uses 5" props. It’s actually a 220mm frame.

1 Like

I use small LED strobe beacons for line of sight visibility, especially at night. They are self-powered and charged by USB. Blindly bright at night even a couple hundred feet away. They are a little pricey relative to the v2450, but using velcro allows me to put on any of my drones. I bought from these guys:

https://www.firehousetechnology.com/store/p33/Drone_DJI_Dual_Strobe_Lighting_Kit_(3_Dual_lights-White%2FRed_Green%29%2F_Spotlight_Light_Package._Works_on_all_Aircraft_and_RC.html

Strobe Lights

Fixed the link.

Thanks for the link fix. I’m a copy and paste kind of guy as you can see.

The light unit does not interfere with GPS or magnetometer?

So I’ve never built a Quad, but I’m ready to try.

My Goal. Take the Skyviper’s internals (which I got a spare set from eBay) and put them on a new frame of similar size and integrate with ESC+Brushless motors.

But, I’ve never done this. What I’d like to do is purchase a kit that is EVERYTHING. frame+flight controller+ESCs+Power distro+ESCs+Pros+everything (except the transmitter) and build it per design, then rebuild it replacing the flight controller with my Skyviper internal (STM32+Sonix+GPS)

Can any one provide some suggestions on how to get started here, or suggest some kits to try? I’ve got electronics experience and I’m really good at figuring things out, but I always like to start with an example teaching aide.

2 Likes

There are videos on you tube on how to wire an brushed fc for using the pwm signal to run esc/brushless motors,I was thinking about doing the same thing,keep in mind this board runs on 2.8 volts.

1 Like