High pitch angles in auto mode

Hi,

In stabilize it’s possible to fly with pitch angles up to -80°. Is this als possible in Auto mode? When I test this in simulation and real life the pitch in auto mode is limited to -45°. I think this is caused by the position controller. What is the reason for this?

Hi,

By default the attitude controller is configured to limit the lean angle to +- 45° for both roll & pitch.

You can change this to a different angle using the ANGLE_MAX parameter.

I have used this to reduce the max angle to 35° and 30° for test purposes and it works as expected.

I am sure you could set to a higher value than 45° - but be careful - increase it step by step - stability/controllability might suffer at larger values.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I changed this parameter to 60 degree and this works well in stabilize. But in auto mode the pitch angle is limited up to 45 also when I change the ANGLE_MAX parameter to 60 degree.

Stijn

Hi,

I too am having this issue. ANGLE_MAX appears limited to 45 deg in AUTO mode. It controls below 45 but not above. I also changed WPNAV_SPEED to 2000 cm/s as this was a limit also. WPNAV_SPEED controls below 15 m/s not above to 20 m/s the documented limit. Someone please help us.

Ben

Hi Ben! have you solved the problem yet?

There is no problem or 45deg limit in auto. Read thru this thread and check out the posted log graphs running at 70-75 deg:
Hi speed auto mission

Is it the same for the plane?

Is what the same for Plane?