HEQ G-port gimbal support

This thing claims to have Mavlink support and has a serial connection but there is no other information. Is this supported by Ardupilot?

just control by s.bus

I dont think that would allow things like POI?

Thereā€™s a sparse manual with a schematic here, it does have UART connections.

1 Like

Thanks, I saw that manual. I hope it will quickly get mavlink support like the other available gimbals.
This guy does a review and I think he mentions mavlink support is coming.

Itā€™s a bit confusing since it has ā€œG-Portā€ in the title, which hints at Gremsy, so it could be a Gremsy cloneā€¦ but the Gremsy GPort is a hardware addon, not their UART protocol. Youā€™ll have to order one to find out I guess.

1 Like

I may well do that. As we speak Im drawing it up in cad to see if it will fit on my plane.

1 Like

Let us know how it turns out :slightly_smiling_face:

Ive knocked up a rough idea for a retract mechanism for this gimbal.

Question arising from the fact Ive had a fair few radio failsafes recently.-

After a ā€˜do land startā€™ I would think its a good idea to retract the gimbal but I only see the ā€˜do mount controlā€™ which will position the gimbal axis, I dont see a mount retract option. I guess I could to a set servo but shouldnā€™t there be a neater way?
I dont see much info on setting mount retract servo limits etc.

EDIT- I just found everything I needed -
https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-landing-gear.html

Hi Vince!, could you share the files for 3d printing?

Iā€™ve changed design about 5 times since I posted but when itā€™s finalised Iā€™ll share. Itā€™s more simple now than picture.

Great! Thks Vince! iā€™ll be looking for it!

Design is coming along but the HS81 servo is not strong enough. It needs a push to leave the lowered position. Looking for a stronger one, hopefully the same size.

Looks great! also heavy copared with the gimbal if i wanted to rise the gimbal to clear the bottom plate?

Thats better. The unit is about 70g, same as gimbal.

2 Likes

Great!!! could you share the 3d files? and also the metal parts where to find it?

All you need should be in description.

2 Likes

Thks!!! i will try to reunite all the missing parts, also what software did yo use for design? i need to make some mods to it

Best Regards!

I used Solidworks. Will upload the solidworks files it it helps.

Can you believe. After a few minutes ground testing my servo just gave up - dead! I have found a very small high torque servo for a good price so ordered one. I have uploaded a new bracket part for the new servo - Savox SH-0256+. Its much smaller than the HS one.