Help to build a light brushed drone

Hello everyone. I am fairly new to the hobby but have decent electronics and programming skills as I have been using Arduinos and ESPs for a while.

I spend a lot of time with children and I want to show off to them a nice project. I want to make a simple indoor drone and control it via remote first, then I want to replace the remote with an Arduino and send the control signals through it so I can automate a pattern. I thought about making a drone from scratch but soon realised that the control system is very complicated and the performance is no where near a flight controller flashed with a software like Betaflight, Inav, etc…

I am having trouble to find guides for small brushed drone: I would like to build a drone with:

*DC Motors is a must, the brushless motors are too powerful.
*an F4 flight controller should be fine
*not interested in camera yet, so VTX is not an issue.
*1s, 2s battery should suffice because I do not to fly more than 3 mins.
*The receiver can be integrated, however I do not mind if it is not because I plan to attach the Arduino directly to the flight controller eventually.

I tried to find websites that have filters for drones (Motor type, flight controller, inches, weight etc…) but it seems like there is nothing like that. It would have been nice to be able to source a flight controller with X,Y,Z features.

Greatly appreciated if anyone can point me at the right direction.