Help identify wiring for this ESC

Hello everyone,

I got a new ESC that came with my motor but confused with the control wire for it. I had other ESC that just has a 3 wire signal wire but this ESC has a 3 wire and 2 wire. Does anyone know if those are both signal wires? I’m new to all this

Who makes the motor?

I got a cubamars or t-motors W30 Thruster for my project.

I got a cubamars or t-motors W30 Thruster for my project. They don’t have much information on their web site about their ESC

Just guessing here, but I’d say the twisted wires are your control wires. Connect those to your FC or RC-Receiver.(The pins on the connector are wired for signal communication)
The shorter wires (3wires) Are most likely your programming wires. Some ESC’s have an external programming unit in order to change settings.

The other possibility:
The shorter wires may also serve as power supply for your FC or RC-Receiver. Sometimes some small writing on the PCB gives it away.

(Hint: In such cases I take a photo up close of the PCB and then enlarge that photo so even the smallest details become visible)

Here is a photo of the chip … it’s seem the 3 wires has TX with ± and the other 2 wire has a marking that looks like 5 or a S with ±

OK. As suspected long, twisted wires are you signal wires from FC or RC-Receiver. Since you are talking about Rovers&Boats you must have some controller of sorts. Those wires connect the the port for your motor control. (S + - indicating that)

The shorter 3 wire arrangement will be something like a speed sensor or other telemetry related output as only has a “TX” marking but no RX marking. (Ignore this connector unless you have more specific information or requirement)

Here are some generic instructions how to connect things, but if look up your controller you might get specific connection instructions.

https://ardupilot.org/rover/docs/common-flight-controller-wiring.html

Thank you for letting me know.

I have one of those Servo Tester. Can it be use for the 2 wires to test the motor? I have used them with esc with 3 wires before

Also I’m in the process of getting a flight controller for this project. I was looking at getting a PixHawk 5X as I want to load Ardupilot with autonomous feature

Those are discontinued. Any supported Flight Controller will do Autonomous driving. Get one with an H7 processor.

Someone is selling used one for a good price. I know the PixHawk 5X is discontinued but is still ok to use? I want it for autonomous and just don’t know if 512 memory would be ok. The PixkHawk 5x (F7) with 512 Memory and 2G of Flash vs H7 1G of memory and 2G flash

Sure it’s OK to use. But I would go with an H7 based FC.

That was my problem as I’m get the Pixhawk 5x for a good price that it’s cheaper than H7 like the Mateksys H743-Wing. Yes the 5x has less ram and the cpu is twice as slow. I have never used ardupilot before and I don’t know if the Pixhawk 5x F7 is just getting by with the limits(ram & cpu).

At first I was even looking at a SpeedyBeeF405WING which is why older but yet it’s currently support with limited firmware changes due the flash size.

I would love to hear peoples opinion on this. I would love to get the latest and greatest and I do want to future proof myself a little but trying not break the piggy bank too if the PixHawk 5x is good enough

Since you are working on Rover/Boat project you get away with a more basic FC.
But the thing to consider is - If you get more involved with it you may want to use more features & functions. Some of those cheaper or outdated controllers can’t support everything.

Servo Tester: Yes, certainly can use it. I’m using them too. However, you will need some power source connected to it as well. (5V)
Can be a BEC or a basic battery holder if you happen to have one.