HeliQuads implement Ardupilot

1. Hello i make a quadrocopter with one motor and with pitch Angle but i dont know how how can I implement this in the Ardupilothow I can implement this in the Ardupilot.

Can some on help me ?

1. November 2023

You may have to reformat your question but I suppose you have seen the HeliQuad Wiki page?
HeliQuad

yeah but i dont have all parameters in the system where can i find de rest for the parameters ? I have the paramters from github

1st make sure you are using the Traditional Helicopter firmware not Multicopter as per the docs. Then set the frame class and type as per the docs. Refresh parameters and then good luck.

1 Like

this parameter are not in the firmware.

Are you trying to load an old parameter file? Bad idea if so. Some of those parameters do not exist in the current Stable version. Suggest you reset all to default and then flash the current Stable version of Trade Heli and start from there.

the parameters are from github and these are the suggested parameters

These are the Parameters https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/blob/master/Tools/Frame_params/WLToys_V383_HeliQuad.param

Yea from 2 yrs ago, the parameter names have changed or been replaced since then. I suppose you could flash the last version of firmware that had those parameters and then update to current Stable and they would be converted. But I don’t know what version that would be. perhaps @bnsgeyer can offer a suggested path forward.
Do you actually have WLToys V383?

It may say you have missing parameters but the defaults would be used instead. I haven’t touched heliquad in probably 2 years. It needs some attention but I don’t have a vehicle or the time to devote to it. Please send a list of the parameters it says it is missing and I should be able to sift through what is important.

ATC_RAT_PIT_FILT
ATC_RAT_RLL_FILT
ATC_RAT_YAW_FILT
H_COL_MID
H_LAND_COL_MIN
H_RSC_PWM_MAX
H_RSC_PWM_MIN
H_RSC_PWM_REV
IM_STAB_COL_1
IM_STAB_COL_2
IM_STAB_COL_3
IM_STAB_COL_4
PILOT_VELZ_MAX
POS_XY_P
POS_Z_P
RC_FEEL_RP
VEL_XY_I
VEL_XY_P

These are the parameters that are missing

There are already new parameters in the file that converted these parameters

H_COL_MID was replaced by H_COL_ZERO_THRST. You should just leave the default value for this parameter.
H_LAND_COL_MIN was replaced by H_COL_LAND_MIN and the default value would probably also be fine in your case.

However you will need to follow the swashplate setup in the traditional helicopter wiki to set the other collective parameters properly.

These parameters are not used any more. I believe you would setup up each motor using the servo min, max and rev parameters

These were replaced by parameters having this base name IM_STB_COL_X where X is the same number in the above parameters. Just use the default values because the old parameters were set to the default values. There was a scaling change between the two forms of these parameters.

These changed to
PSC_POSXY_P
PSC_POSZ_P
PSC_VELXY_P
PSC_VELXY_I
use the values in the parameter file and set them manually

PILOT_VELZ_MAX is now PILOT_SPEED_DN and PILOT_SPEED_UP

and RC_FEEL_RP is now ATC_INPUT_TC however the units and scaling have changed. You can leave this at its default value.