Heavy lifting drone 24s 600ah battery

we’re using 24s 600ah battery to heavylifting drone for that how can I use power module or else current sensor for 24s 600ah 2000A 100V capacity orelse anyother method to monitor these much of volatge in mission planner. suggest any?

Hi @Bala25 , wow, 200 KW this is a little more as my selfbuilt ETrialMog :grinning:
At least you need a shunt capabale for this high power like these:
https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/shunt-600a (2000A Version available) as a bare shunt or
https://www.victronenergy.com/battery-monitors/smart-battery-shunt as intelligent battery monitor.
I think the first version might be possible to adapt with some small additional electronic for the FC.

1 Like

@Juergen-Fahlbusch I am not able to find suitable website could you please suggest clearly?
and then In that able to connect with that battery monitor in cube orange flight controllerand can we see battery voltage in mission planner???

The links to websites are in my above posting. Do they not work?
If you are using just a passive shunt as shown in the first link you only can monitor the current. On such a shunt you can measure the voltage across the shunt and feed this to the FC. But to get a higher resolution a active amplifier like on the common power modules is recommended.
To monitor the voltage a additional passive resistor network (voltage divider) is needed.

@Juergen-Fahlbusch but common power module to FC does not support this much of current and 24s voltage that common power module supports upto 8s only then any other suggestion because we develop 300kg drone motor need that much of power and voltage.

Have you understood @Juergen-Fahlbusch message?

Max voltage support is 0.8v less for 24S support.

voltage above 53V will have no additional scaling effect on thrust

@Jai.GAY am really sorry I can’t get you please could you please explain me detail nd clear??

@Jai.GAY @Juergen-Fahlbusch I’ll just explain my drone about 300kgs in high altitude for that we need to go 24s 100v input to motors for that we planned 24s battery only for motors and then other electronics and FC we’ll give seperate 6s battery what difficulties am facing is How can I see/monitor the battery voltage in mission planner and then how can set battery fail safe in mission planner parameters??please suggest this case??

Try here, section 2.7.

@Bala25 , yes correct, thats why i say “like” a common power module. So you have to rebuilt the same functionality.
I don’t know what the maximum voltage is on an anlogue input of your FC.
So you have to bring down your 100V to value of less than this maximum voltage by a resistor divider. For example if you want to go down to 3V you need a divider like 100V / 3V = 33.3. So you can use a voltage divider built with a 330kOhm and 10 kOhm for voltage measurement.
For current measurement you can measure the voltage across the shunt if the shunt is connected to the ground line. The direct voltage is 50mV across if the current 2000A. If this value is to low you can amplife it with a small opamp by up to factor 60 to also 3V.

But take in mind a DC level of 100V could be dangerous for human life
What kind of electronic you are using as ESC?

1 Like

0 - 3.3v

Correct preferably with super low tolerance resistors, for example.

@Juergen-Fahlbusch : 12 to 24s 300A AMX HV ESC

What motors are you planning ?

MAD motors if any other better motor please suggest for lifting 100kg payload??

Mad motors are good…

1 Like

Hi any discussion or videos of your ETrialMog ?

Hi @sauravhobyy , yes but this is far ouside of ArduPilot as it is my other hobby.
You can get a first idea here ETrialMog Project

@Bala25 how many of these ESC / motors your drone has?

A voltage divider as @Juergen-Fahlbusch suggested and and a Hall Effect current sensor. You may have to re-scale the current sensor output to 0-3.3V.

What’s the intended payload for this craft?

1 Like

@Juergen-Fahlbusch 8 ESC, 8motors Quad co-axile configuration