Having trouble connecting frsky taranus plus to pixhawk

So I am trying to connect my taranus plus to a pixhawk with a frsky X8R. I either have a firmware problem where I am flashed the taranus with EU version and it wont connect to the X8R because its Merican, or I just have a limited understanding of how the taranus works. On the back of my Taranus controller there is a missing peice, with four pins and it looks like something goes there… I cant find anything in the manual, but i did find a taranus plus “backboard.” Is it maybe possible I bought a controller that is missing a radio on the back. Let me know what you think

Nope that’s for external modules, the X8R uses the internal module on D16 mode. You have the Taranis x9d+? Was this bought used or new? Considering you are new at this you should first update the radio to Edge TX. Migrate from OpenTX to EdgeTX using EdgeTX Buddy - EdgeTX User Manual. It is leaps and bounds better that OpenTX and has active development!

Good day, im using the same receiver and also the same radio Taranis x9d plus, what’s the benefits for move to EdgeTx?.

Not many. And if the X9D+ is the pre 2019 version Edgetx 2.9 (current stable) will be the last version to support it.

If im not mistaken my radio its around 08/05/2019, so checking the latest version 2.9.3, must be try coz its EU /LBT
firmware

on your radio on the right by the screen do you have 3 buttons or a wheel?

If its a 3 buttons its a pre 2019 (left radio) if it has a scroll wheel then is a 2019 version (right radio). If you have no models built I would still suggest updating to edge tx even if you have one that is EOL on 2.9 firmware. there has been many tweaks and fixes that opentx doesn’t have, plus any questions asked will get more traffic/ possible answers using the newest available firmware.

If you don’t want to update can you provide how you have setup the radio model and what you have done to get them bound. What symptoms its exhibiting? Under the radio model setup->internal RF->mode, what do you have for settings. I am on FCC version and I have XJT with 3 different RF modes D8, D16, and LR12. I do not have LBT which is the EU protocol.

This is a simple video how to flash the receiver using the radio by placing the firmware you’d like to flash in the radio firmware folder and then hooking it up to the port you already spoke of in the back bay of the radio. Pay attention to pinout as its not typical when hooking receiver to radio.

My Radio its a pre 2019, equipped with the R9m external module, im just curious try edge tx coz no status update of open tx, im not willing change RD coz it’s a good radio and work properly with all my receivers