Harmonic notch support (ESC, Throttle, FFT)

Andy thank you.
Ekf lane switching can be due to these problems you are telling me?
The copter is a 20 inch prop, 10 kg, so not small but not huge.
So what can i try?
Windows = 256
ins opts = 2
fft max = 300
Something else?

Lane switching makes me a bit nervous. Is it possible that the copter was flying a bit worse because of the filter acting weird?

p.s. tonight will carefully read the other thread on fft.

The lane switch is because your positional down innovations are high. I can’t quite figure out what is causing that. It’s possible that additional noise introduced by poor notch tracking is introducing this. Were you flying with the throttle based notch before?

Yes try those three settings together.

I was flying without notch before.
Can you elaborate a bit more on positional down or let me know where i can read about it please?

Is it IPD Innovation in position (Down component) in EKF3?

Yes. So in AltHold it might be because the baro and GPS velocity disagree

GPS is in RTK fixed while barometer i am using internal, maybe should set gps as primary source, anyway never did it before i enabled notch, maybe just a coincidence.

Wich one is the correct long thread for the fft?

Looks similar to yours from an FFT perspective although clearly less well tuned and physically set up

Thanks Andy, i have read it. Main difference is that mine flies pretty well without notch and is decently tuned. Mine has probably more than 1000 hours flight time (it doesn’t show on param because we recently switched to cube orange.
Another thing we changed is the cover of the drone, it is much smaller now and maybe the fan creates some funny air flows inside the frame and the internal barometer we use isn’t happy.

@andyp1per looking at the barometer in the logs there is definitely something wrong and lane switching happens at the exact moment the baro has a glitch.
I don’t know if the FFT enabling can have anything to do with the barometer stop working.

Just checked the last log before the one with FFT enabled and barometer was working correctly. Probably has nothing to do with it but i tought it was better mention it to you in case it rings a bell :slight_smile:

Should not be connected in any way

So i guess i have a problem with my barometer :slight_smile:

@andyp1per how did you find out from the log that the lane switching was due to the innovation in position?

@andyp1per
Hello Andy, made the mods you asked and flew. I think it is better but some spikes still present, don’t know if it is ok.

https://mshelisrl-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/davide_monti_mshelisrl_onmicrosoft_com/EXfTFo3NBypNoQOG0CP-WKUBC4KTwaqGcv7FEPUIceSlvA?e=hvGVmF

thanks

Looks a lot better. Y is tracking the best so you could try setting FFT_HMNC_PEAK = 5 to track the pitch axis exclusively

Wich value is the tracking by axis?

Look in the log for FTN2.[n].PkX/Y/Z - [n] should be in energy order

I think i didn’t understand wich one to look at. Anyway will follow advice and set FFT… = 5

Do i have to do something else to see if it is working?

Look at the notch frequencies FTN2.[n].DnF - you are wanting a smooth response rather than it bouncing all over the place

FTN2.DnF shows a big band across the whole flight large from 100hz to 200 hz. Can’t you see the same? I am using apm planner to look at logs.

You can’t use APM Planner, it does not understand instance values

ah ok will look at them in mp than.