Hardware suggestions and enlightenment for ground vehicle

Hi,

I am a student planning to do an autonomous robot project - a ground vehicle
The goal, in the end, is to set a route in advance, And this will serve me for additional actions.
I thought about using mission planner for setting the route.
I’m at the beginning and I’m debating about choosing the components for the system
I thought about a connection between Raspberry Pi with Arduino as a control
another option is to use Raspberry Pi with Pixhawk
The plan is to use navigation sensors, and a camera- to use Optical flow for real-time route corrections along with other sensors…
I’m not sure about compatibility so I’m asking here:
Does it require specific hardware for the connection of ardupilot and mission planner
based on your experience do I need Pixhawk or other specific ArduPilot hardware?
Suggestions are welcome
I am at the beginning of the project and I would appreciate your help on the matter

You need a Flight Controller supported by Ardupilot. Not necessarily a Pixhawk, there are many to choose from.
Supported Flight Controllers

thank you for the quick reply
Do you have a particular preference to choose based on your experience according to the needs of the project I detailed here?

Go with a supported flight controller that has an H7 processor. Those range in cost from ~$100 to a lot more than that. Some are bare boards, others have housings, connectors, IMU isolation, multiple IMU’s, etc.
Pick a price range 1st.

thanks again :clap:
I will check H7 processors
as I wrote the goal, in the end, is to set a route in advance, And this will serve me for additional actions. ( i am planning to make Floor paintings with the help of powder dispersion)
The goal is to keep the cost as low as possible
Currently thinking of using Pixhawk according to my understanding, it meets the requirements, it has navigation and additional connections that I will need and its cost is relatively low
If you think there are other options worth exploring, I’d love to hear them and check them out

Usually when someone says that they are talking about the generic Pixhawk 2.4.8’s. These can work but they are of questionable quality and not built to any standard (various versions). At least avoid anything made by Radiolink.
A nice $100 branded Flight Controller is the Matek H743-Wlite. Or any in the Matek H743 line really.

I meant Pixhawk 4 (Manufacture: Holybro), I should have been more specific
In any case, I will look into the matter in depth
Thank you very much, you helped a lot

Those are discontinued. But if that’s what you are willing to pay there are other choices from Holybro, Cubes, Makeflyeasy, Qiotek.

Yes, I will check what you wrote
As I said, this is the starting direction, I haven’t decided yet
You’ve given me some information to think about

1 Like