GUIDED_NOGPS for Plane?

Hi,

In my project I need to control the attitude of a plane from a companion computer. I’m currently using RC_CHANNELS_OVERRIDE message in FBWA mode for this, which is hacky and inconvenient, plus I can’t read the real RC channels from the pilot over MAVLINK when I’m overriding them. So my question is: is there any other way to feed attitude targets over MAVLINK in the current Plane version? If not, are there any plans to port GUIDED_NOGPS mode from Copter to Plane?

Regards,
Arthur

It seems that in Plane, unlike Copter, it is possible to enter GUIDED mode even if there is no GPS attached, so an additional mode is not necessary. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In my project I need to control the attitude of a plane from a companion computer. I¢m currently using RC_CHANNELS_OVERRIDE message in FBWA mode for this,
which is hacky and inconvenient, plus I can¢t read the real RC channels from the pilot over MAVLINK when I¢m overriding them. So my question is: is there
any other way to feed attitude targets over MAVLINK in the current Plane version? If not, are there any plans to port GUIDED_NOGPS mode from Copter to
Plane?

Arthur

Peter

Thanks! I figured out GUIDED + SET_ATTITUDE_TARGET will work regardless if there is GPS or not.

Can you please provide any c++ examples to control plane using set_attitude_target command. I am working on a code to send attitude commands to a pixhawk flashed with arduplane v3.9.5 firmware. When I send a set_attitude_target command, I see no response from the pixhawk.

I have attached my code below. I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks.

autopilot_interface_test.cpp (3.8 KB)

Sorry for dragging this up after all this time. Would it be possible for you to post the various parameters and settings you used to be able to do this? I’m currently unable to get the plane to do anything but fly straight forward.

I explained the problem here: How can I control my plane in FBWA mode