Servers by jDrones

Guided mode with optical flow, without GPS, in simulation

Hi,

In preparation for making an autonomous drone for indoors flight, I have been trying to simulate a drone with optical flow, but I fail to take off.

I have set up the simulation as described in the toutorials. I have also set up the optical flow and range finder as described on the wiki. I configured it by editing the default parameters to this (2.4 KB) this (2.4 KB) .

To set the mode, arm it and attempt takeoff, I use the mavros utility commands like this:

mavsys mode -c 4
mavsafety arm
mavcmd takeoffcur 0 0 1

This results in the drone correctly arming in guided mode, but when I run the last command, it fails while giving this error message in the SITL console:

Got MAVLink msg: COMMAND_ACK {command : 410, result : 4}

Do you know what command 410 and result 4 mean?

I did not find it in the wiki, but another discuss post said to use EKF3 and these parameters:

AHRS_EKF_TYPE = 3
EK2_ENABLE = 0
EK3_ENABLE=1
GPS_TYPE = 0

I would guess my configuration parameters are wrong somehow. Could you please advice on correct parameters or guide to relevant documentation?

Any help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Edit: There was a error in the format of the file I initially uploaded, that the new one does not have.

1 Like

Take a look at the mavproxy documentation. The UAV refused that command problrably because you do not have gps lock

Thanks for the reply.

What exactly should I look for in the mavproxy documentation?

To take off without GPS lock is exactly the point, I am trying to use optical flow as an replacement for GPS to enable Guided mode.

I realize that my question is not really clear about not using GPS, so I will edit it.

The question is perhaps more like: How do i configure ardupilot so I can use Guided mode without GPS, but with optical flow?

see here: https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-px4flow-overview.html

I would rather use EK2. You need to set EK2_GPS_TYPE to 3

Thank you for the link, I had not looked at the pages for the individual sensors.

I tried to use EKF3 based the discussion on the post linked in the initial message in this thread, but that did obviously not work the way I did it.

I tried to naively just switch from EKF3 to EKF2 by these lines in the parameter file

AHRS_EKF_TYPE 2
EK2_ENABLE 1
EK3_ENABLE 0
GPS_TYPE 0
EK2_GPS_TYPE 3

so that it now looks like this (2.4 KB) .

This did still now work, it seems to be the same problem. At least it gives the same lack of response.

Do I miss something? I.e. do I need to do more to make it use EKF2 correctly?

I got it working in the end. My problem was that the EKF needs a position, even if we are only using relative movement commands. This can be solved by manually setting the position using e.g.

• the map in mavproxy.
  • something like this script
  • mavros and the topic /mavros/global_position/set_gp_origin

I used mavros, and have not tested the others.

In the end, I ended up using EKF2, and the parameters i had worked.

Servers by jDrones