GSoC 2021 - Custom Firmware Builder

Hi all,

I am trying to create a custom FW for omnibus nano F4 V6.0 (board 133?) But no omnibus version seems compatible with my FC. Possible?
Thanks

When a build is successfully created, how long is it available online afterwards?

Hi there again.
Seems that custom.ardupilot.org is not working again.
There’s a lot of pending builds.
When one tries to build a new firmware, system stops with message:
“Waiting for build to start…”
Is it closed for Christmas? :smiley:

Regards,
Tiago

I just restarted it - seems to be working

It is very important feature, but need to developed it, I used F4BY board but when connect to mission planner I can not mode select, the value in their Box is Empty

@willpiper24

Hi,
I’ve been trying to generate a build for a board with 1MB of flash memory (omnibus F4 pro) for months, with the possibility of having obstacle avoidance. The compilation works, but the obstacle avoidance function does NOT work. In the mission planner the readings of the distance obstacles are perfect but obstacles are not avoided.
This possibility of having custom FW is very important, but at the moment I have not been able to use it for the reason for which it was created. Or am I doing something wrong?
Thank you very much!

This is my log:

Vehicle: Rover
Board: omnibusf4pro
Selected Features:
Enable EKF3
Enable MSP Telemetry and MSP OSD
Enable MSP GPS
Enable MSP Compass
Enable MSP Baro
Enable MSP Rangefinder
Enable Mode Follow
Enable OSD
Enable Rangefinders
Enable Proximity
Enable Object Avoidance Path Planner
QUADS(BI,TRI also)

edit: nevermind, i did not realize i had to flash the apj file. that worked fine.

i’ve made custom firmware for matekf405wing and matekf405, neither will flash to boards. Boards already have 4.2(with bootloader) on it. When i try to flash i get a pop up “is this a linux board?” then “is this apm?” then “is this pixhawk” then "cant communicate with board and it fails.

any thoughts?

@willpiper24

why are there all these difficulties in completing a CFW?

Thanks a lot for the helpful tool! You can build now a firmware with less stuff for more clear setup and operation. But it seems that TradHeli frame dropped out on curves. Is it possible to fix it soon?

BTW, it builds only master or I can choose version?

Dear Developer!

The page does not generate new build, I tried several time but always get pending info. I am the guy who wants to build for Kakute F7 aio with crsf telemetry, ekf2, msd osd (dji), bmp 280, nmea and ublox gps. Thx!

That brilliant idea and work to develop a Custom Builder seems to enable Scripting also for 1MB FCs.

A build of a small variant for a sailplane only with GPS and Soaring on a MATEK F405-WING is leaving 285072 Bytes of Flash free.
That should be enough for Scripting!?

If it’s so, to enable the selection of Scripting for that 1MB boards in Custom Builder should be the consequence - it would be a big step forward.

Edit:
As @tridge explained here, unfortunately scripting on 1MB boards like the MATEK F405-WING will not be possible because of too less RAM:

Hi @willpiper24, seems not work

Hi Ardupilot Devs, Not sure how and where to ask this question… But.
I have the early flywoo f745 nano with its esc as per the Flywoo LR4 v2. This board never worked with the Inav firmware I had to compile my own.
I’ve done this with your Arducopter branch and have a flying model.
The problem with the published firmware is loss of motor 1 and uart 3. also i2c2.
So I’ve resolved these but am wanting bdshot if possible for a good tune. i can only at present run bdshot on motor 4 if I select all 4 motors i lose function of motor 1 but show the other 3 up and reading rpm. I have dshot 600 working fine via BLheli-S using Bluejay v18 something I think at 48khz
I am not a coder or anything like it just someone who tries to beat problems i will upload my hwdef if anyone would be willing to check my code. Thanks in advance. Dave B
hwdef - Copy.txt (1.3 KB)