Gremsy T3 pixhawk cube

Update.

It works! Full mavlink control, and rc control, without sbus.
Gremsy got me the firmware, so hit em up guys.

Finishing up an antenna tracker, then I should be able to post some video.

2 Likes

Hi guys,’

Can you show me some video testing with T3 Gremsy gimbals?

Which the FW using with T3v2?

Thank you!

1 Like

The firmware is 7.x.x from gremsy. I gave up, as the gimbal will not follow yaw of the airframe. Back to simple SBUS control. Ironically, this is the only gimbal I have issues with… the supposed “premium” product.

2 Likes

My works without horizon drift correction on PPM mode. I tried to use it by pixhawk but I didn’t work with older firmware 6.06. I didn’t try with newest firmware.

1 Like

Hi!

We are currently working with trying to connect a t3v2 with Pixhawk running ardupilot. We aim to use the telem2 port and mavlink, but struggle to get the gimbal in remote mode (blue LED). @norim could you describe in detail how you connected to the gimbal?

Thank you in advance,
Kristoffer

I realize you were trying to get Mavlink connection working (and did you ever?), but I can’t even get sBusout working from my Cube. Care to share what you had ot do to get sBus working? Like your params? I’ve been working on this for almost a week (How to get signals from sBuso to sBus in? - #2 by xfacta), and that’s after already giving up on it about 2 years ago sBuso Doesn't Seem to Work. I just want sBus control.

I am using gremsy t3v2 in SBUS mode with second receiver for gimbal. I am using frsky x10s express radio. So there is no connection from gremsy to Cube orange.

I think on the T3 version you can connect via Mavlink, correct? So why use sBus? I think sBus may not be compatible from the Gremsy T3 to the Cube/Ardupilot. My H3 (very similar to T3 has sBus, but it’s not the same sBus that the Cube is expecting, and not compatible as far as I have been able to tell. I asked Gremsy about it, because I did not expect that, and:

“Regarding your questions, the H3 supports SBUS with FASST and SFHSS standards, which appear on SBUS remote controllers such as Futaba or FrSky. The SBUS out from Cube Pilot may not meet this standard and be incompatible.”

Same for me, but using Gremsy H3. However, if I had the option to use a mavlink connection through the top of the gimbal, I’d definitely use it.

yes when I will be sure that mavlink works ok I will change sbus to mavlink. For now I have more options in sbus. I didn’t check the last work of rmackay9:

@norim,

Could you tell me what additional “options” (aka features) are available when using SBUS over mavlink?

I think that using MAVLink should provide all the same functionality and more because features such as GPS targeting (aka POI) are available (when using mavlink). If we are missing important features I’m happy to look into adding them.

@rmackay9 This are additional functions from Gremsy software. Last time when I was checking in mavlink mode there was no option to speed up/down the movement of tilt/pan and control of gimball was not precise. It was also easier for my to setup camera control by Entire (airpixel.cz).

I use this gimbal for work so before I will change everything to Mavlink I need 2-3 days to prepare everything and check.

2 Likes