GPS Glitch on Pixracer 3.6.0-rc4

Getting GPS Glitches on my test copter(quad) when I punch throttle. I have attached flight log if anyone willing to take a look and suggest possible cause/resolution. Thanks, Paul

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zpozdghz7fvdb9/00000027.BIN?dl=0

Vibration levels are really quite high on the Z-axis (up and down). They are going above 60m/s/s which is in the danger zone (under 30 is good, between 30 and 60 is a grey zone, above 60 the EKF will get confused).

My guess is that when the throttle is increased, vibration levels go up and the EKF gets confused. the “GPS failsafe” is really a position estimate failsafe. So the vibrations can trigger it as well, not just an actual GPS glitch.

1 Like

Thanks Randy. I never thought about vibes given the GPS Glitch messages - I was looking more at volt drop thinking the GPS may have been having its supply effected. So I will look at a better mount for the FC. This was just a quick test build, with the cheapest of components and what I had lying around. Cheers for the analysis - really appreciated. Best wishes, Paul

1 Like

Mounted Pixracer on HK orange foam and balanced props and now average z vibes are at 0.26 (2.6 on APM Planner), where they were 0.7 before in your screen shot. No glitches on the test flight and I pushed it hard. Thanks again for the analysis.

1 Like