GPS for Yaw with Holybro H-RTK Unicore UM982

Hello all. I am needing some assistance with getting GPS for Yaw working. I have just received a Holybro H-RTK Unicore UM982 so that I can try GPS for Yaw on my quadcopter but I can not get it to output the correct value for GPS Yaw.

I have a Cube Orange running Arducopter V4.4.4 which has the basic setup done and the UM982 connected to the GPS 2 port and all parameters are set according to the documentation. The UM982 is setup as GPS type 25 which is UnicoreMovingBaselineNMEA. The flight controller, UM982 and the antennas are mounted to a board just for testing. The antennas are mounted 37cm apart in the Y axis with the master antenna to the right of the flight controller. I am able to receive GPS location, hdop and number of satellites but the GPS Yaw value stays at 655.35 and will never change.

I am testing inside the house because of weather but the UM982 is picking up 28 satellites with a hdop of .5.

Here is a copy of the Param file and the config of the UM982.

UM982-Setup.txt (1.1 KB)

CubeOrange.param (16.7 KB)

Thanks for any and all assistance.

2 Likes

Appears set up correctly. You’re wasting your time trying to test indoors.

1 Like

Thanks @Yuri_Rage for looking at the setup. Hopefully the weather next week looks better to get outside and give it a try. I will update this post what I find out.

I was able to get outside and give this a try. Once outside it started showing the GPS for YAW value.
Thanks @Yuri_Rage

hi @JDmap83 . I have module 982. I’m trying to set it up, two antennas are connected, and I want to receive Yaw. The receiver was reset, entered commands as in your configuration and some did not pass (CONFIG HEADING RELIABILITY 0). Could you send the new parameters.