Getting error while setting offboard

Hi,
Im using pixhawk 2.4.8 and jetson xavier nx. i’m doing some autonomous flight stuff and while setting my drone to offboard im getting some sort of error saying MODE: Unknown mode: OFFBOARD
while giving command rosrun mavros mavsys mode -c OFFBOARD
Please help!

OFFBOARD mode does not exist in ArduCopter 4.1.1, you need to use guided mode instead.

rosrun mavros mavsys mode -c GUIDED

should work a lot better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t use guided mode because i’m not using gps…im using algo’s for localization…Is there any option to create a custom mode?? of offboard

Okay! In which ARDUCOPTER version does OFFBOARD mode exists??

Offboard mode does not exist in any version of Arducopter. You have to switch to the PX4 firmware to use it.

1 Like

Im using pixhawk 2.4.8…how to switch to px4 firmware?? please help

You have to install Qgroundcontrol and upload the PX4 firmware with it.

1 Like

Can you tell me which particular version is there in which offboard mode is available?

For further questions regarding the PX4 firmware, I suggest you go to discuss.px4.io. It has been years since I last tried PX4 firmware, so my knowledge will most likely be outdated.

1 Like

Or you can keep arducopter and use GUIDED_NOGPS instead :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

OK!
See,I’m using pixhawk 2.4.8+jetson xavier and i’m using VINS_FUSION for locatization of my drone…now as u said i can use GUIDED_NOGPS mode instead of OFFBOARD or GUIDED so what topics i’ve to publish from ros so that my drone will take inputs of local position from VINS_FUSION in GUIDED_NOGPS mode???
Please help…i’m done with all the things but stuck in flying part of drone…?

Did you figure this out?