Free Stuff! Need Help Testing devFrame

Really nice! I’ve got a Matek 405-wing mounted above a 4in1 ESC - I’ll post some pics of it later!

Yeah - I found a chair leg cap on Thingiverse and scaled it down. Haven’t printed a lot of TPU so its a bit rough but it works :slight_smile:

I thought about mounting FC between the full cross mounts but wanted to protect the underside a bit so I printed out the plate that fits in the cross mount with the slot. Now I’m modifying that to make it double or maybe longer so I can mount my FC and transmitter next to each other. Don’t think it’ll flex enough to matter.

All excellent data. The cross mounts with platform were a design cycle that I ended up keeping as an option. I liked it for my 300 but keep going back to regular cross mounts for bigger stuff since the longitudinal spacing options are infinite. More docs coming today. Finally.

1 Like

Motors came in yesterday so today I’m planning on wiring everything up.

Question: How best to level motors to frame? Since we’re mounting these on a round tube… :slight_smile: I’m thinking I’ll get it on a level surface - then install props and visually check those with a level.

I just eyeball them. Try to make motor can line up vertically with a vertical edge or two on the end clamps. So yes, pretty visual. You could just lay it all out flat on table top with arm tube clamp installed, but eventually you will twist a motor. I have found it pretty quick and easy just to sight down motor can.

1 Like

Here’s my 300 (ish) build so far:

Weight of base frame: 180g

Weight of base frame, ESC+FC, plus motors/props: 430g

ESC is 4in1 Typhoon32 (Blheli32)
FC is Matek 405-Wing. The -Wing model is used because it has lots of UARTs and also huge BECs that can easily run as many sensors/boards as you can physically fit.

1 Like

Forgot how much some of the parts have changed since we started.

Here’s one of the original prototypes :smiley:

2 Likes

Google Photos

Did first flight Sunday. Overall it flew great! Need to print some wider legs - I fly in an old farmers field and the ground is very irregular. Other than flying it into a tree at the end of the day it was all good. No damage from the tree hit BTW. :slight_smile:

Next weekend I’ll do some autotune and get some logs. Also want to update my stack to Crossfire for more range.

1 Like

That’s awesome! Could you share some close up pics? Interested to see how you’ve routed power etc :slight_smile:

Google Photos

Sure. I basically took the whole stack off my 250 quad and dumped it on here - just had to re-wire the ESCs :slight_smile: I’d like to clean up the ESC wiring a bit - mainly to separate it from my video to prevent noise.

Great work and very rewarding to see the frame in flight. Don’t think I have flown in months.

Just got first version of Power, Motor, ESC page done on docs.

I think I should have the base 450 build docs done by end of this week.

1 Like

Docs are done through the basic hardware build. Next up is firmware.

Well my 10mm carbon rods have arrive, and it looks like my 12mm should arrive this week. Then I can finally get to building

1 Like

Great docs, I wish I had these as a newbie a couple of years ago - would have saved me a LOT of time and frustration :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really Really good ; Quad Frame for Dummies

1 Like

@ppoirier Have one more slot left for our Early Adopter Program;-) Just let me know and I can print you up some parts and send them your way. I’ll even pay for the shipping up North since you have already done plenty for The Community.

What do you want for logs? I’ve used logs in Betaflight a bit but never in Arducopter. Out flying again today tweaking stuff and was curious what I should be capturing. Off to read the log docs :slight_smile:

1 Like

really most interested in parameter file after you tune. if we combine that with your list of equipment and basic specs we have good start for a community build. you are also the only one we have that is using PLA so long term data on how it holds up will be valuable as well. also, a short overview video of the build would be nice but not required if we have a few good pics that tell the story.

Thanks for the offer but I leave it to someone else as I have a couple of ABS capable printers at the shop and I will certainly give it a try a little bit later.

1 Like