Follow-me arducopter

Is it open source? It should be from the moment that is entirely based on Tower that is open source.

I’m very glad that Follow Me is fixed. Thank you kind developer(s).

But I was rather hoping that reporting of altitude would be changed on the UI from the unhandy Alt above sea level to Alt relative to arming. I realize that it’s the 3.6 firmware that changed what it’s sending in the telemetry, but could there a way to have the Android software figure out and report relative Alt as an option?

Please note that ArduPilot always sends both altitudes if it knows them.

Building Tower using dronekit-android with my PR posted above (post #38) gives relative alt in the actionbar of Tower even with 3.6 firmware.

1 Like

hi, i had that app installed on pixel2 that runs android 9 - it crashes immediately upon an attempt to connect via udp. is there any way to test and see what the issue may be?

Hi,
I can’t help you with UDP protocol connection. I tested this app once through USB and works great. Sorry!

With Copter 3.6.1 it will be possible to have relative alt in Tower without the need to rebuilt, but only setting the value of DEV_OPTIONS to 2.

Thanks to @peterbarker and @rmackay9

1 Like

i just tried a guided mode test with that new app - copter definitely reacted to the command from this new app, but somehow propelled very high into the sky upon receiving it. i did not look much into it yet, if anybody wants to review - it is the log of it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uP711skNml1m8TfqsVJhiasDJinEooxd/view?usp=sharing

it happened around mark 765. altitude control was good at that moment, from what i can see both baro and lidar were in the agreement of where model was. so not sure what sent it up 60m.