FLIR Duo Pro - Camera Trigger via Mavlink?

Yes but that has nothing to do with the camera itself but with the gimbal controller you use.

Yes, I know that’s a function of the gimbal, I’m just looking at everything right now. I’m using a Pixy U and have everything working for the gimbal except Point Camera Here.

@Shotfire - My memory is that my PixyF connected to the FC via Mavlink worked in all modes including Point Camera Here. All gimbal control, including pan/tilt were via Mavlink and for the most part, worked quite well. DUO Pro R is another story. Between the thermal vignetting, flaky shutter control, and lack of communication from FLIR - I sent the unit back. After working with the FLIR VUE Pro R, which fully supports Mavlink, the DUO Pro was a huge disappointment.

1 Like

Hello all, I would like to know how to connect the camera with the FC via Mavlink, the camera has a port with 10 pins, however in the camera manual they do not explain how to connect it via MAVLINK. They give a link to an external documentation place talking about that but the link does not work anymore.

Thank you in advance

Hello!

I was wondering if you were able to eventually get this to work?
I’m trying a setup where the Vue Pro could be triggered by a RPi or an Arduino to capture an image every hour using the PWM but I am a bit lost given I’m very new to this.

Thank you!

1 Like

Its a bit late but for anyone else, who is looking for shutter feedback on the FLIR: you can use one PWM channel to do that and change the setting in the camera related PWM channel to “Frame sync” (in case of the Flir Duo Pro R it is PWM3). Then put the outgoing servo cable into one of the free servo connectors on your FC and assign the CAM_FEEDBACK_PIN to the used servo input.
I now use only the three PWM channels. One for triggering the camera, one for shutter feedback and the third is free of use but could be used for colour palette or zoom. With the shutter feedback, I will georef the images with Mission planner and I don’t need any MAVLINK data on my camera anymore.

2 Likes

Do you still have this gimbal? Id be interested