Failed takeoff in FBWA with DCM active

I built a plank flying wing and successfully tested it. The flight controller is Matek F405-WMN, GPS module and magnetometer were wired in as well. ArduPlane 4.4.4

I was able to launch the wing in FBWA as well as in TAKEOFF modes with no problem, performed autotune. The flight in MANUAL was also satisfactory.

Then I had to swap the GPS module into my quad and tried launching the wing without GPS. Without the GPS module I disabled the arming checks for AHRS and GPS. In this configuration DCM AHRS becomes active instead of EKF3. I tried launching the wing in FBWA but failed, the plane would just nose dive right away. I looked at the elevon deflections and they seemed really low. To investigate further I put back the GPS module, assigned NO GPS to a switch on the controller. With the switch low EKF3 is active and elevon deflections on the ground were normal in FBWA. With the switch high DCM becomes active and the elevons wouldn’t travel as much.

Finally the quesion: why does ArduPlane command lower servo travel with DCM AHRS compared to EKF3? What else am I missing?

Also that it the proper way to configure ArduPlane to fly without GPS or any other navtigation aid? This is for line of sight or FPV flight…

Thanks!

Hard to tell without the .bin log. Disabling arming checks is considered bad practice.