F550 battery capacity

OK, those ESC’s say 4S also, so use 4S. But we need an all-up weight and the weight of the battery you are using now and we can easily determine the max battery weight for 4S and maintain proper thrust/weight.

Are you joking with us ??? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

This is a useless thing motor

Is not possible

Yessssss

But motor support 4s battery it’s batter then 3s also gives more flight time

It’s big hmm perfect battery size is 8000max

That’s why because battery don’t pull out amps and voltage drop so maybe ESC is not running (voltage proction is enable)

Yes its capable but 1045 props motor getting hot so you can use 9450 props , this motor born for used 9450prop

Happy flying :slightly_smiling_face:

To Moksh Patel

Thanks for your comment!
If the voltage and current of the battery are low, such symptoms occur?
I learned a lot!

Hmm yes I think your crash reason is low voltage because ESC are smarter right now , ESC read voltage and react on low volt perform like stop the motor. Also you can use this fancy little guy it’s not accurate but his work fine :smile:

Also battery is hot , are you noticed battery is hot when crash your copter ?

And whats your lipo charger ???

To Moksh Patel

Thank you for the easy explanation.

Is the device in the photo a battery checker?

Yes it’s easy available on any rc website and it’s getting under 2$ ,
Note:- this is cheapest battery checker but it’s not read perfect voltage of each cell But this is temporary solution of on flight :sweat_smile:

I have the following battery checkers:

By the way, if the battery capacity is small, will GPS, gyro, compass, etc. be affected?

No , but in your copter need bigger battery pack like when you child then your food is so little and now your food is high because your body need more , same here , big frame = more weight = need more thrust = more power generated by motor = battery quickly draw.

Next time, I will fly with a 3-cell 5300mah battery.

Thank you!!

Not necessarily , are you buying 3s battery so wait a sec and think about 4s battery it’s better then 3s.

But 4 cells 10,000mah is too big, right?

Yes , but you choose different things like 5000 , 6000mah it’s pretty much for your reference.

Thank you very much.

I also have an F550 hexacopter, and after researching motors , batteries, and props for a long time I came to the conclusion there is no good combination for the F550. You simply can not get long flights without much lower kv motors and much larger props.

How much mah are you charing back into the 2200 battery after flying for 7 minutes? Remember you only want to use 80% of the 2200 capacity so you should be putting in around 1800mah again - anything more than that and you are hurting your batteries.

My quad is similar specs to yours (924kv motors, 10x4.7 props, 1510g) and I get around 11-12 minutes of constant hovering on a 3s5300mah battery which then uses around 4200mah…

EDIT: looking at your video and the rate at which it rotated to the right I would say your battery voltage became too low…

thank you for the advice!
Once the parts arrive and the repairs are complete, try flying with a 3-cell 5300mah.
When the voltage is low, such a phenomenon occurs!

Before flying again at least set the basic tuning parameters for your craft. These for sure, you have them at 0.
MOT_BAT_VOLT_MAX,
MOT_BAT_VOLT_MIN

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/tuning-process-instructions.html

Is it okay if “MOT_BAT_VOLT_MAX and MOT_BAT_VOLT_MIN” remain “0”?

No because then your flight controller will never know when your battery is getting low and it will keep on flying until your copter falls out of the sky.

If you are flying with 3s batteries then set your MOT_BAT_VOLT_MIN=10.5 and MOT_BAT_VOLT_MAX=13.2

Are MOT_BAT_VOLT_MIN and MOT_BAT_VOLT_MAX settings that notify you when the value is below or above the set value?