External compass not detected on Flywoo Goku F745 Nano

Thank you so much Andy!! I can now see the compass in the configurator!!

I am so excited to test the range on this little 4" quad!!

Thanks again!!

1 Like

I did have to flash with the arducopter_with_bl.hex file.

I guess that won’t work with this one, as it’s FC only, no stack? I’m also a bit confused by all the variants of this FC.

It should work fine - the only difference is the number of PWM outputs. Betaflight target is the same for both boards

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Andy, that was really fast!

Going to give it a try later, as I don’t have time right now, fliyed with BF last time.

Hm, I wonder if should feel urged to secure one of these right now, even though I probably won’t use it immediately. Because: a) It looks like there are 2 successors already, but the latest one has no baro (why??). b) It might be smallest FC ever that can run AP (true?), so it’s fascinating simply because of that. c) I’d probably use it for a plane, so 4in1 is not needed.

Where can i find the esc for this board? Link please?

RDQ has the 16x16 4in1.

1 Like

Thanks Dave !!! 100%

I just bought one of those Nano FC’s to ship to a friend overseas, interested to check it out.

Very cool and with fit well in my new frame…

This FC comes with my Flywoo Explorer LR 4", which I want to convert to Arducopter. Anyone here running the same craft and have a config file they are willing to share?

Thx

I loaded the firmware file in this thread on my explorer last week but haven’t gone through all the Params/config yet. I couldn’t get the BT module to connect with mission planner so swapped it out with a raspberry pi zero w for wifi telemetry. Also soldered on a cheapo compass module but for some reason it won’t calibrate correctly so need to troubleshoot a bit more or swap for a different one. Overall going to be a sweet little build.

Need to get the compass up on a mast. The rear tail is too close and has too much interference.

Are you referring to this two years ago? How is it? it mentioned 13A, is it each arm or the entire board? I noticed from the image, that it seems like there is no ground pin for the connection between Mx to FCU motor port, weird.

Yes. I think it will be 13A per motor. The FC plugs right into a little connector on the ESC

I think that is for GOKU FC, if I use CubeOrange, for example, where do I get the GND signal for the motor ports? hmmm.

Not sure. CubeOrange with this tiny ESC seems a little weird!

Have you built a hexacopter with it? I have the ESC + FC here ready for a build later this year and would be interested if there’s anything to watch out for.

Btw, I’m not sure the version/revision of the FC sold today still has enough flash for AP. Mine has been in a box for 2 or 3 years and definitely is still compatible.

Not built anything with it. The number of flight controllers I have far exceeds the number of drones.

Those F745 are weird - they are documented as being 512k but most people find that the ones shipped are actually 1Mb