Extended tunning error message

Hello,
I am using a TGY-i6 transmitter and I am trying to setup RTL on Switch A from the Extended Menu setup in Mission Planner.

However, when I try to write the parameters I get an error that says the “RC6_OPTION has more than doubled the last imput”

Should I go ahead and write the setting or should I trim the radio so the value of the output decrease?

Yesterday I almost lost my drone becasue it flew too far away and I was not able to see which direction it was facing, so I want to setup an RTL panic switch so it comes back automatically whenever required. I already have Switch 5 for Stable, Alt and Loiter modes, but Switch 6 is not yet assigned to anything (it goes from 0 to 2000).
Any help would be greately appreciated.

Just write it. Do you have another chan to use? Chan 6 has a special function.

Hello Dave, thanks again for your help.
I still have not upgraded my transmitter to 10 channels, so I only have channel 6 left available.
What other functions does this channel have? Or how should I be careful about it?

Thank you!

If you’re using channel 5 for modes, it’s capable of managing 6 different modes. I don’t know your radio but you might be able to find a way to use a combination of switches and mixes the allow you to have the same effect as a panic RTL switch, but only use one channel.

These instructions are for a spektrum radio but the idea of the mixes may help you with your radio. RC Transmitter Flight Mode Configuration — Copter documentation

Channel 6 can be used for manual tuning and for some special direct control functions. For example I use it to make live adjustments to my waypoint speed during missions.

As @Allister said. You can use it if you have no other choice.