Escs continue beeping

Out of 10 boots i’d say 2 times the escs do not initialize and continue beeping.

Safety button is disabled.

ChibiOS 3.6 rc10

What should i check to fix it?

Corrado

Sounds like a loose connection to the FC? Is your battery charged?

battery is redundant and securely attached. It does on all 4 escs so i think it is a software issue.

Corrado

Which AP RC are you running?

i am not sure i understand your question

Which version of arducopter? rc10, rc11, rc12, etc

It is written in the first message, ChibiOs 3.6 RC10

@anon67614380,

Andy chance you could try on 3.5.7 to see if the same problem exists?

I guess you’ve done an ESC calibration of course?

Yes, calibration done, i can test 3.5.7 and see.

Corrado

On 3.5.7 looks ok. Started about 50 times and never missed a beat.

Corrado

Corrado,

great, thanks for testing that.

Could you load -rc12 and try again. And assuming it still happens could you set LOG_DISARMED = 1 and then download and post it here?

Updated to RC12 and enabled disarmed log. At the 15th boot it got stuck in continuous beeping.

In the log RC out is 980, i tried to set at 1000 for all 4 escs but same result.

log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qsU_s7nHohFCA1f2CKMGC9jj0UXadHll

regards,

Corrado

1 Like

Hope the log is ok, just for curiosity what are you looking at in the logs?

Corrado,

Txs for the log. I was looking to see the RCOU outputs and also to see if there were any other parameters that might explain a high PWM output to the motors. The ESCs beeping means the ESCs aren’t initialising that normally that’s because they are either not receiving any PWM value from the flight controller or the value is too high compared to the value they were calibrated with.

I guess you’re not testing in extreme cold right? I’m pretty sure you’re not…

I guess you don’t have a servo tester that could tell you what the pwm value is coming out of the flight controller’s pins?

What brand of ESC are you using by the way?

Because it’s ChibiOS I think I need to discuss with @tridge to see if he has any ideas.

Hello, i am not in cold conditions, it does it inside in about 20 degree celsius.
Esc are hobbywing xrotor 40 amps.
I’ll attach it to the oscilloscope to see what comes out when it does it and let you know.

Corrado

1 Like

Tested with oscilloscope, when it starts correctly it generates the correct 1000us wave, when it doesn’t start correctly the wave is not generated at all.
Attached a video that starts with the esc beeping (faulty start) than i restart it and it starts correctly.

As a remainder this is on 3.6 RC12 ChibiOS

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11fQwzj0rZ1zdhmMXFzU84QE-I_s5vOBf/view?usp=sharing

regards,

Corrado

1 Like

Was it useful?

Corrado

Hello, still having my escs beeping continuosly 1 out of 10 starts, is there any news?

regards,

Corrado

Still have this prob, did anybody have a chance to take a look?

Corrado

Hi Corrado,

Thanks for checking with an oscilloscope. I think I’m going to have to ask @tridge if he can have a look. Hopefully he will be able to reproduce it. I’ve added this to our Copter-3.6 release to-do list.