ESC Sync problem with update from 3.6.9 to 3.6.10

@Jimmy_Oliver,

If indeed the problem goes away when you load Copter-3.6.9, could you give the firmware linked above a try?

I am going to test a version from Tridge to see if the knocking returns. This exchange is cross pollinated with a Facebook thread. Still not convinced that KDE firmware update wasnā€™t responsible for a wild LOITER ride I took 2 days ago. Flew fine in STAB.

1 Like

Here is a 4.0.2pre copter firmware with the fix that may help:
http://uav.tridgell.net/tmp/copter-4.0.2pre-CubeBlack.apj

Comparison Video of AP versions

VIDEO LINK

3 Likes

@Jimmy_Oliver,

Fantastic! Nice clear demonsration and itā€™s really really great that this seems to fix the issue. Iā€™ll probably release Copter-4.0.2-rc1 tomorrow to start beta testing.

2 Likes

At the end of the video I think you said ā€œno knockingā€, is that right? I donā€™t hear knocking in the 4.0.2 version, but just want to make sure

I listened again when I was home and had proper audio, it is clearly good. Thanks again for this test!

1 Like

@rmackay9

I had the chance to test it today, but only on the ground, I tried both versions, the new 4.0.2 and the 4.0.2pre. The problem was still there, but I have to do some more tests tomorrow. I tested first 3.6.9, which works fine, updated to the new version, but than had an another problem were I received always a radio failsafe when I used full throttle.

If it helps, here are the logs, first one ist 3.6.9 and second one the new version

Logs

@Christian81,

Thanks for the feedback. I checked the logs and it looks like the 2nd one (000005.BIN) is still running Copter-4.0.1. Can you retry with Copter-4.0.2-rc3?

@rmackay9

I tried it today, double checked the firmware, all ground tests worked fine!

We checked also, why there was a Radio Failsafe, when we gave full throttle. It was a setting under MOT_PWM_TYPE, it was set to one, changed it to two and everything worked fine again.

1 Like

I have the same problem with one of my copter when I update from 3.6.9 (chibios) to any greater firmware

When I press the safety switch, sometimes 2 ESC are ready, other times only one esc is ready.
20 seconds later the 3rd esc is ready and so on ā€¦

Today with with Copter-4.0.2-rc3 it worked.