ESC init problem

Not all ESCs transmit data to the flight controller.
When arming, all 4 motors are spinning, but the quad is not adequate and I noticed that these RPM value do not come to the flight controller.

ESC: 4 in 1 BLHeli_S with firmware from Bluejay
FC: MatekH743
Firmware: Ardupilot Copter MatekH743-bdshot 4.2.3

Through testing the motors in the Mission Planner I made sure that the motors were spinning in the correct direction and positioned correctly.

Why are the rpm readings not displayed, should they be?

SERVO_BLH_BDMASK 15
MOT_PWM_TYPE 5
SERVO_DSHOT_RATE 0
SERVO_DSHOT_ESC 2

This could happen if you are using the wrong grouping of outputs from the flight controller.
Try DSHOT600 too

I use S3-S6, they are in the same group and support DSOT, judging by the documentation.

Flight Controller H743-WING V2/V3 – Matek Systems

likewise

What if you try Group3?

Set S7-S10 (Group3) and all RPM was zero. Hmm… Why?

OK, then they are not using DSHOT, must be PWM.
Back to the other group…
You’ll have to check with @andyp1per I think

but at the same time writes:

You have the wrong BDMASK for those channels. Make sure the BDMASK is set to S3-S6

Motors 1(A) and 3(D) work, but 2(C) and 4(B) do not work

I also note that I have set the port for receiving the ESC telemetry. Connect to RX on FC.

Sorry the docs are wrong for bdshot, it is a different timer mapping:

PB0  TIM3_CH3 TIM3  PWM(1)  GPIO(50) BIDIR
PB1  TIM3_CH4 TIM3  PWM(2)  GPIO(51)
PA0  TIM2_CH1 TIM2  PWM(3)  GPIO(52) BIDIR
PA1  TIM2_CH2 TIM2  PWM(4)  GPIO(53)
PA2  TIM5_CH3  TIM5  PWM(5)  GPIO(54)
PA3  TIM5_CH4  TIM5  PWM(6)  GPIO(55)

bdshot is not supported on anything other than PWM1-4 on this board. On some of the newer boards I have been providing 8 bdshot channels, but this is quite expensive in DMA channels and the Matek board is using a lot. I will see if it can be updated.

Thank you! Thanks for the quick response. Please post here after watching. I’m really looking forward to! I’ve been trying to get the copter working for a few days.

Can you try this?

I have managed to balance the DMA channels I think without losing too much.

I flashed *.hex via betaflight configurator. How to be?
@andyp1per

Use Mission Planner to upload the apj

1 Like

@andyp1per How soon can we expect changes to the official firmware?

It needs a little bit of discussion first as this affects a lot of current users - I also need to try it on my setups using the board.

Understand. It would be nice if you keep up to date with what is happening on this topic.
Andy, I have another question, ESC telemetry is not used by the controller in any way during the flight, but only as information that can be displayed on the OSD or ground station, or am I wrong?
@andyp1per

It can be used for rpm filtering and other things

1 Like

Andy hello! How are you doing with that?
@andyp1per