ESC calibration problem and throttle problem

You know that I created a drone using MATEK H743, EDU-450 AND SIYI MK15. But as seen in the video, I am experiencing interesting problems. I would like your comments and help on the subject. I’m really stuck.
1- I think my ESC calibration is failing. Or I don’t know if I think so. But the other videos I watched are completely different. Do the beeps and calibration seem normal to you?
2- I don’t understand why the gas reaction works so differently. Even though I give almost no gas, it runs at almost 70% power in the default position. Isn’t there a way to fix this? Shouldn’t it normally start with a low throttle and accelerate when I push the throttle? Please share your ideas :frowning:

I uploaded a video to explain my problem in detail. Here is the link.

https://youtu.be/BJGpjRHcD5U?si=GAovoeAr8WQ90WVP

You are not supposed to test the Motors with the RC transmitter.

You test the motors with the “Motors test” tab in Mission planner.

2 Likes

Imagine you’re the flight controller for a minute. One of your main tasks is to keep the drone level, and on demand you’re supposed to pitch, roll, yaw, climb, fall… now you get the command to climb (somebody slightly increased throttle on the transmitter). What do you do? You increase motor speed, but nothing happens (because there are no propellers attached, but you don’t know that). So you increase motor speed more, still nothing happens. You also notice that your vehicle is not completely level (because the desk it stands on has a slight tilt) and you try to compensate by increasing the speed of two motors even more, but to no avail.

That’s what’s happening to your flight controller, more or less. As @amilcarlucas said, use Motor Test on the bench. You need your transmitter only for flying.

5 Likes

We should save a link for this thread and point future similar queries to this thread.

@Oli1 you explained the “closed control loop can not work properly when left open” problem much better than I did. Thanks

3 Likes

I really thank you for this valuable comment. but I took video on the table just to show the problems. Of course, I attached the propellers and did a real flight test. But the drone does not take off, it either leans to the right or to the left, I also made a battery for the appropriate weight, but unfortunately it does not take off. so I thought there might be a problem with my esc calibration or the throttle. You can see the problem in the video below. I hope you can help me again, thank you in advance :smiling_face:

NOT FLYİNG :frowning:

Hi again,

I comment below to my purpose and problem, i am adding here to link again.

Can you check again please, i need your comment too, thank you.

While you were using Motor Test did you confirm the motors were in the correct order and direction? Which is the primary purpose of Motor Test.

Page down to Motor Test so you understand how it works.
Motor Test
If the order is right take it out in the open somewhere, not on some deck, and give it some throttle to get it in the air.

1 Like

Yes, I did the engine test in accordance with the document you showed. I followed these instructions before editing, I edited everything accordingly. As for gas, what you see in the video; It was the final state of gas. Even though I give it full throttle, it doesn’t even move :slight_smile:

……

What battery power?

Flight log please. Also what ESCs are you using? And:

1 Like

Given the noise in the video that thing should have gone up like a rocket. My bet is the motors are spinning the wrong direction. Provide the .bin log file from that test.

3 Likes

Yea, my bet is the assertion the motor order and/or direction is correct is wrong. It wouldn’t be the 1st time, or the 10th, that “triple checking” still got it wrong.

3 Likes

I will test today again and i will share with you to flight log, thank you.
There is my material list:

Frame: HEXSOON EDU-450
Flight Controller: MATEK H743 WİNG V3
Power Distrubition Card: MATEK
Battery: 6S - 19.V Life-Po ( I tried 8S-24V before, but results were same )
Motors: T-MOTOR AIR2216II/KV920
Motor Escs: HOBBYWING XROTOR 20A
Receiver And Controller: SIYI MK15
Compass: Here3+

I can share .bin later after new test. But i can show you my settings.

And I use settings directly from ardupilot.org, there is my settings too:
Connect ESCs and Motors — Copter documentation

And also my setup is definetly same order by Mission Planner:

Do you think that is it still wrong :frowning:

Hello, thank you for your comment. I replied your comment below to @Allister’s comment.

Hi, I replied your question below to @Oli1’s comment. Thank you.

That picture does not show if the props are mounted in the wrong direction

If they are blowing air upwards it will never takeoff

The ESCs are rated 4S max?

Do you want me to show you the props while working ?
I tried to save a video and there is. I hope you can check on the video.

Is air flowing downwards?

1 Like