ESC calibration problem and throttle problem

No, even there is not too much air. There is balcony. The drone isn’t even exposed to too much wind.

Yeah, i think so. But as you know i am using power distrubition card, that’s why power is providing correctly. Am I wrong sir ?

If a 6S battery is connected to the PDB, it will still output 22V to the ESCs if wired correctly. Like so:

EDIT: “Correctly” in this case would mean that the voltage is way too high for the ESCs used.

Okay than you are definetly right for this connections. Let me explain how i connected my motors.
I hope your directions will help me sir, thank you again :slight_smile:

I tried to show the link in the image. Let me explain it this way:
On the far left is Matek, which I use as a power distribution board. I connect the ESCs of the motors to this and distribute their power through Matek. I also connect the motors to the escs. (You may ask why did you connect 4 motors to 2 ESC inputs, I just connected it because I thought it worked that way :slight_smile: )

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that PDB before, does it have a model number or something? Just out of curiosity. Probably a very early fixed wing PDB.

Yeah, you need to upgrade your ESCs, or use a 4S max battery. If the ESCs aren’t blown. The wiring will probably somehow work (it’s rated for 10S, so four 20A 4S ESCs on its two pad pairs shouldn’t be too much), but I’d recommend getting a proper PDB with four dedicated pad pairs, and use this one in a fixed wing.

You draw TWO red wires from ESC to motor. Unless you miss drawing last wire, all three wires should be connected to the analog ESC. So you have 4 pieces of these Mateksys electronic boards (PDB) mounted on your drone? It does not tell me it can support four motors effortlessly.

If connection are healthy and correct, without prop, stick a masking tape to the motor shaft, set duration to 10 sec, press the test motor button, repeat and slowly increase the percentage until it starts to spin, prerequisite is ESC is calibrated. You can verify the rotating direction against your selected frame class and type.

Thank you, maybe it would be better if I start all over again. I will leave the Matek cards aside and re-edit with cube orange. I will also use 4in1 esc. Let’s see what the result will be this time. Thank you for everything.

Thank you for your comment. I think I calibrated the engines correctly. After re-editing, I will do the calibration again. let’s see what is going to happen.

That configuration should work with the Matek and the EDU-450 PDB. I’ve used that before and it works fine. On 4S the EDU-450 is pretty peppy. On 6S that thing will be bordering on over-powered. Needless to say it should take off. Before you start changing the flight controller, post the .bin file of one of the tests. There is something else going on and I don’t think changing the flight controller will change it.

All of the motors turning in the same direction. Focus on that topic and check the steps again.
Find a solition about over-voltage for your safety.

Hello, but how is this possible? I tried all the motors one by one, as I mentioned in the diagram above, each of them turns towards where it should turn, what could I have missed or is that do you see it in the video? I will check again, and i will save a video about motor test from ardupilot, let’s see together please.

Hi again, yes you are right. all motors are turning to same directions. how it can happen ?

What?
How can this be true:

and this be true:

What a colossal waste of support time here.

I just focused to motor numbers and motor numbers were true.Pyshically i can see to motor directions.
But when i start to fly i can not understand to directions sir. I am really begginer for drones.

Do you think that this is main problem? If i fix that problem, can it fly ?

A beginner can follow simple directions. Put the Transmitter away and go back to Mission Planners Motor Test. Set the throttle % to a value where the props are turning and look and see what direction they are turning and if the order is correct when you press the A-D buttons. If the direction is not correct fix it by swapping any 2 of the 3 ESC to Motors leads.

And these videos are a waste of time.

I really thank you so much, i think finally i can fly! Don’t say that this is waste of time. You are helping to beginner pilot here, and maybe he will fly everyday because of your help!

Probably not if you are using a 6S battery with those 3-4S rated ESC’s. All that is being accomplished here is the 1st step in a lengthy process of configuration and tuning.

No reply needed, keep your eye on the ball here which is motor order and direction.

3 Likes

To help yourself further to become the next better pilot, you may want to Google around to understand why motors need to spin in different direction.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I finally managed to get this troubled kid flying. Thanks to all of you, I solved the problem.

First of all, I would like to thank each and every one of you for your help.

I checked the engine aspects multiple times from the beginning. However, what misled me was the arrow markings displayed on the engines. When making the connection between the ESC and the motor, I connected blue to blue and red to red and thought that was correct. Since there was an arrow sign on the motors, I assumed that it would rotate in that direction from the factory. I lost a lot of time just because of this mistake, but it was a good experience.

I’m sorry for taking up your time, but I can’t tell you how happy I am. Thanks again!

@amilcarlucas @Oli1 @IHA1 @dkemxr @Allister @Jai.GAY

2 Likes