Error: Set param error. Please ensure your verson is AC3.3+

Ran into “Set param error. Please ensure your verson is AC3.3+” when trying to calibrate some BLHELI32 ESC’s in Arduplane 4.5.0dev. Searching the forum I ran across several discussion about updating arduplane firmware and mission planner, but I am running what appears to be latest. What could be causing this?

Thanks.

What board do you have? It might have blheli not supported on a default build.

This is on a Matek F405-VTOL, ESCs are Lumenier BLHELI_32 51A from Getfpv.

I just realized it advertises DShot1200 compatible, and I’ve set Ardupilot to DSHOT600. But it also mentions “auto detection” in spec, so it should work? The motors aren’t even spinning up.

As I recall, this is a nuisance warning, since you’re using an AP version greater than 3.3. DSHOT 600 is the recommended rate and should work fine.

Revisit the AP wiki for BlHeli32 config and follow it carefully. There’s a lot of info packed into a small space, and it’s easy to overlook something.

It’s also probably advisable to update the ESCs with the passthrough function to the latest BlHeli32 version (32.9 I think).

EDIT:
And I just noticed you said “calibrate.” ESC calibration is unnecessary with BlHeli32 and DSHOT.

ESC Calibration is also only in the ArduCopter firmware - which is kind of annoying when building quadplanes under the ArduPlane firmware.

That is exactly what I am doing, building a VTOL quadplane in arduplane software. So I guess this is normal behavior?

I am actually troubleshooting why ESCs aren’t responding. I was hoping to see some reaction through calibration menu even though it’s not needed for these digital protocol. I enabled passthrough and BLHELI32 configurator can’t even connect! I need to double check my wiring and setting to see what could be causing this…