EKF3 IMU Stopped Aiding

Hello, I wanted to check the EKF Failsafe and assigned a rc switch and activated during flight. Initially vehicle is landing smooth and nice, suddenly it started to move forward. by the time i tried to take back the control it crashed.

In the messages, it showed EKF IMU stopped aiding whereas the accel and gyro health was 1. It would be helpful to known what was the really the issue.

Flight Log.

The EKF started using GPS again (1.5 seconds before instability) and the failsafe cleared (0.5 seconds before instability)
I’m wondering if there was some other physical issue with a major weight shift or Motor5 since it was commanded near to maximum for much of the remaining time, and Motor6 was commanded to minimum for corresponding periods.
Pitch and Roll stayed stable through all the testing, and only deviated once the motor outputs indicate there was a problem.

I couldnt identify a specific issue though.
I would say to definitely upgrade the firmware to latest stable before retesting.

Pilot activated the GPS as it was drifting away(pitching forward). Just at the time, failsafe cleared it hit a small bush. two props got damaged.

Sure will upgrade to latest version.

@xfacta EKF3 IMU stopped aiding has to do nothing with drift away during land.

Land mode with the GPS disabled will most definitely have drift.
As you say the failsafe only cleared just before hitting the tree.