Its been a long time im working on cube. I have successfully made quad plane with cube and few other projects and they were grand success. Now i am working on Dual motor tail sitters. I have already made 3 prototype models and they were running on arduplane 4.0.0 firmware.
its been few weeks since i m testing and tuning up the pid’s few things i have still in confusion and strange things happens with my setup.
- what mode should i let the aircraft turn on and let it initialise, is it fw mode or q hover mode?
- in which orientation should i do accel and level calibrations.
- if i place my tailsitter on its tail and takeoff in q hover mode why does it will drift in terms of yaw let say if i place tailsitter top exposing north and take off it wont hold north in terms of yaw.
strange things observed:
- in q hover mode aircraft is fine and flying good, but when i take into fbwa mode my pitch oscillates too much as both the elevons servos are oscillating too much which resulted in a crash. I have tried tuning fw pid gains and found to be good for 2 flights later on 3&4 flight they started oscillations and crashed(3&4) Test was done in little wind where in 1&2 test was done in no wind.
- auto mission takeoff in vtol mode transition to fw mode and do mission in fw mode while RTL and vtol land it is triggering from fw mode to vtol mode but not coming to land at home point.
Please help me with this problem.
UAV development engineer India.