Drone Programming Course

Hi there everyone

I made a course on Udemy (a video lecture site with 15 million students) termed “Drone Programming Primer for Software Development”, which can be found here. I intentionally went as broad as possible, but I provide some introductory information on the following,

1. ArduPilot
  2. MAVProxy
  3. MAVLink
  4. DroneKit,

while using a SITL drone.

So far 1184 students have enrolled, mostly through free initial promotions. I hope this course will help to expose a new group of people to the ArduPilot world.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in checking it out and giving me some feedback on what could be made better, or correct any mistakes I may have made :slight_smile:

If you message me, I will send you a coupon
Thanks so much!

Caleb Bergquist

10 Likes

Hi Caleb,

I’m happy to review it for you. Txs for putting this together.

1 Like

Hey there @rmackay9

I really appreciate it, I know you are a busy man! I sent you a message with a free link

Just looked at the sample, that is pretty good :+1:
I like the pacing, it is just fine, not too slow and repetitive like it happens sometimes .

Hello Caleb,
I am an ex-academic in robotics engineering, and I’ve got a decent background in UAV design and general programming. I could help review your course too.
Wasim

Thanks for posting this, we would like to review it as well.

thanks for put them together. I’d like to review it as well.

That sounds great ! I Volunteer to review as well!

From the Preview, this looks good. Well done Caled. This is what we need to expose the possibilities.
I would love to complete the entire course and present my comments.

Well done

I’ll review it. I love platforms like Udemy and Pluralsight. Studied for both of my certifications on there lol.

And as a “new drone user” i can give you some feedback on ease of understanding

@ppoirier That’s good to hear, I perhaps started to get a little OCD with my refilming!

Thanks everyone! It took a month to put together, so I’m extremely happy to see the mothership’s interest! I’ll send you some coupon links, message me if I missed you :slight_smile:

Caleb, I kindly wish to review the course as well. I need help with the programming aspects of the items listed. Thanks,

Paul

If you need another course tester let me know.

Cheers

Richard.

Hey I’d like to review your course too. You can check out my youtube channel for reference

1 Like

@Spitfire @flyingw @tiffo

I sent you messages with coupon links :slight_smile: let me know what you think

@tiffo Your youtube channel is what taught me most of my dronekit knowledge around 5 months ago! I am very grateful for the time you took to make your videos, you are like a celebrity to me haha.

I’m glad. Hey, if you’re still in Tulsa we should definitely meet

Caleb,

I am setting up my Ubuntu 16.04 server and encountered this error when installing the dependencies in Section 3, Lecture 8. I was following the instructions on the left side of the page:

root@ubuntu1:/home/pw# pip install MAVProxy==1.6.2
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/pip”, line 9, in
from pip import main
ImportError: cannot import name main
root@ubuntu1:/home/pw#

Any ideas?

Perhaps it would be helpful to have a place to copy and paste the commands as I may have made errors typing them out.

Thanks,

Paul

Caleb,

Never mind - I installed again, this time not running the pip --upgrade command and it all proceeded well as you showed in the terminal window.

Paul

I would be interested in testing it out too. I’m in the process of trying to learn some of this myself for a potential opportunity so it would be great to give some feedback on it.

@tiffo Definitely! I would love to chat sometime soon!

@healthyfatboy I sent you a coupon!