Drone crash log help please

Greetings.
Was flying full speed in Loiter and made a bit of a sharp turn. Drone started wobbling and then decended and fell straight down so I am thinking possible vortex ring state.

Did not see any error messages on my screen before the crash.

Can someone please have a look and see if there is something I am missing

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19HO5E-xlkIEUp4ySz8ZLvaXxFfx-Exqa?usp=sharing

The motors are bouncing off min values before the failure. Possible SPIN_MIN is not set correctly. That will cause instability.

At the end Motor 1 (c9) goes to max and the opposite motor 2 (c10) drops to min. Classic signs of a motor/prop/esc failure on the motor 1 arm.

Wonder how on earth I am supposed to toruble shoot that.There is no visible damage to the props motor and ESC. Did tests on the motor afterwards and they appear to be running well.

What’s not missing is a lot of default parameters including the one @Allister mentioned. But yea, thrust loss on Motor 1.

Sorry DK. Its late and my mind is a bit slow. What do you mean by “What’s not missing is a lot of default parameters”

It’s not tuned and “flying full speed in Loiter” And relative to the MOT_SPIN_MIN parameter see here
Setting Motor Ranges

Sigh. So back to autone.

Address your Z vibrations and harmonic notch before tuning further.

1 Like

It’s not ready for Auto Tune.

What then. Manual Tune?

Not too sure how to address the z vibrations. Had same issues on previous drone with this FC. Props are well balanced

No. Well maybe but Auto Tune certainly won’t run in it’s current condition. The Z-vibe levels are high, there is output oscillation, Notch filter not set, some PSC parameters not set. You are running BDshot firmware but haven’t configured to use it. You really shouldn’t be doing anything but hovering…

2 Likes

OK so I guess first step is to see if I can get rid of Z vibrations.

How do i troubleshoot output oscillation?

By addressing all of the issues listed so far.

2 Likes

Morning Alister. OK looks like no 1 engine ESC is kaput

Morning everyone.

So my number 1 motor esc is Kaput which gets me to another question about capcitors.

These are the esc’s i use Review: Flycolor X-Cross BL-32 ESC - Oscar Liang

They are not shipped with capacitors. The only capcitor is on the PDB. So reading other posts the concensus seems to be that you can never have enough ESC’s. So do I add Capcitors to these esc’s even though they are not shipped with them and if is what size capcitors do i use.

I use a 5s battery pack

@droneright
what do you mean with “They are not shipped with capacitors”. On the pictures according to your link shows lots of capacitors. Where you want to attach the additional capacitors. If the ESC is now defect the reason mostly not a missing capacitor anywhere.

The did not ship with capcitors.

There are may reasons the ESC could fail. The signal oscillations could have caused it to overheat - Fix: better tuning. The vibrations could have mechanically damaged it - Fix: address vibrations. If you already have an cap on the PDB then start with that. Focus on the basics of the tuning and the setup, before you start chasing ghosts.

2 Likes