Disable RC Failsafe

Hello,

I am using a Pixhawk 2.1 Cube and want to remove the RC and don’t want the pixhawk to return a failsafe message. I unchecked the RC Channel param from Standard Params in Mission Planner configuration tab and also checked in the Extended Params ARMING_CHECK option to see if it was in fact off. When I turn on my quad, everything is fine with the green GPS lights blinking. But as soon as I arm it, it gives a failsafe error on the mission planner HUD and the yellow lights start blinking. Once I arm it again it works fine.

This is a problem as I am using dronekit to run a custom script on a Raspberry pi to give commands on the fly but when I run the script the first time it is just stuck on “Waiting for arming”, with yellow lights on the Here GNSS and FAILSAFE showing on mission planner. I have to interrupt the script and run it again to get it to work.

Is there any way to completely remove the RC check feature because I don’t have a RC receiver connected at all as the transmitter was creating some problems with the trim settings on its own causing the quad to land at an angle which caused it to crash.

Thank you,
Regards

RC_OPTIONS: RC options

Note: This parameter is for advanced users

RC input options

Bitmask
Bit Meaning

0 Ignore RC Receiver
1 Ignore MAVLink Overrides

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for the reply and apologies for the delay in mine. I searched the whole list and couldn’t find this RC_OPTIONS param in the full parameter list or the tree for Arducopter V3.6.4.

I’m sorry but can you please tell me the location of the option.

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Interesting, it seems it did not made into the 3.6 branch. It is in 3.7. Sorry

No worries… I guess I’ll either have to wait for the 3.7 version or upload the master.

Thank you very much for the help. Much appreciated.

Regards.