Differential Thrust Boat with ArduPilot

I’ve used the Maxbotic sonar before years ago. I thought it was a waste of time actually. If it gets any water spray on it I think you may have problems. Nice amount of freeboard on those hulls. I should note here that when I was using the Maxbotics sonar it was on a helicopter and never worked well flying over grass. It may be ok on a boat but keeping it dry will be a challenge

That’s good to know thank you. We are looking into a way to keep it dry. Since there is a large amount of freeboard, in still water the sensors will not likely get too wet, but it is not ideal. We found some other underwater sensors, but they were a bit out of budget.

Do you have any recommendations for sensors?

not really. But I would like to know what are used on cars. They can be dirty, wet and they always seem to let me know when I’m parking to close to something

upon the initial advice of Mr. Randy i chose the Lidar. well it worked well. he had replied that all the lidar works better than sonar. I had TfminiLidar.

I finished my differential setup with no issues in automode. I don’t know the details but a very experienced rc model builder(he builds planes boats etc instagram/expatmodeller) told me about the possible motor failures if i use a bigger prop more blades etc. So i can only say that maybe you should at a boost motor?

Dear Steven i have same problem to configuration my taranis. I try all setting find on the forum but the motor in my veichle is not responding. If i by-pass the pixhawk and connect directly the motor to receive XR8, motor working (steer skid config), but if connect via pixhawk all motor no working. Can i ask you posted the configuration used on taranis ? I Have model x9d plus setting in mode 2. I have installed open tx software . If you posted the config you help me more. Many thanks in advance.

Hi!

We have successfully built a catamaran boat using ardurover 3.5 and we are able to activate loiter. But when the boat tries to correct its position, it does quick and jerky turns. Can we make it smoother? What parameters could you suggest to make the turns not so abrupt?

Here’s our param list:
working_loiter_skid_steer_1017.param (12.7 KB)

Here’s a video of our auto + loiter mission: https://youtu.be/7bbmeoVb2NY

Hello
I’m trying to build an airboat with a differential thrust using ArdyRover/Boat
I’m using :
pixhawk 4 with the power module
GPS
R12DS radiolink receiver
AT10 RadioLink transmitter
2 ESC
2 Brushless motor

I have connected the 2 ESC to M1 and M2 in the power board mole
however, the ESC connected to M2 is not working

Anyone out there that could help me out

Thanks

Uploading: IMG_6325.JPG…

Either your ESC is damaged or your motor is damaged. Connections can also be the issue.

Please provide with more images here to be able to help.

Happy Flying
Shubham Thakur

@luigi: I have such an airboat running. So maybe you didn’t chose the correct output-function on M2.
I use
SERVO1_FUNCTION,73 (left)
SERVO2_FUNCTION,74 (right)

Hi

Your experience really help me a lot!
I try to add obstacle avoidance to my boat, but I can’t find these parameters you have listed (RNGFND_TRIGGR_CM, RNGFND_TURN_ANGL…) in Rover 4.0.0 version. Where can I find and modify these parameters? Have you achieved the obstacle avoidance in your boat?