Attendee count (max): 20
UTC1102 - PixHawk1 1MB issue
Fmuv2 is quite large because it is generic
- Not specific sensors
- Uses detection logic
This PR makes a PixHawk1-1M
What does this mean for fmuv2?
- Should we remove all of the fmu* things?
- People are running the wrong firmware
- Flying CubeBlack with fmuv3, for example
- MissionPlanner kind of pushes people towards that
- Do we really need these?
CubeBlack on a PixHawk2 won’t work?
- Really? Says tridge.
- Solo has different hardware
- Different IMUs
- Fails if it doesn’t detect same sensors
- Stuff that Sid/Jon added
- Could be modified so it doesn’t fail if it detects a different IMU (should still detect IMUs)
- Nah. Just use CubeSolo
UTC1108 - pre-filling with NaN
- EK3 now runs as ride-along in SITL quadplane
- Need to run under Valgrind to catch NaN problems
- This patch PR fills 8k of stack with NaN
- Valgrind is actually not broken with this
- We will get an FPE if someone uses uninitialised value from stack, in theory
- Could run it in each task in SITL
- Quiet NANs don’t cause FPEs
- Accounting varies between microcontrollers
- Try using memset with 0xff to see if creates a singling NaN
- Not optimised out by compiler!
- No inter-module optimisation
- LRO may kill this
- [9:15 AM] (Channel) MdB: /me desprately wants LTO
- [9:15 AM] (Channel) MdB: although not enough to learn WAF
- No standard options in gcc to do the LTO
- LD_PRELOAD linker hack into compiler
- Need to check newer compilers
UTC1116 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12412
UTC1121 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12404
- Add --upload-port option to waf
- Just needs a default option
- And test with Py2 and Py3
- Killing Python2
- Not until the stable Ubuntu no longer ships with it
UTC1127 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12379
- Memory classes
- Add a define for double support?
- Different flight characteristics
- 128k for scripting on H7, maybe
- Contiguity can be interesting on stm32
- 512k contiguous on H7
- Will turn up the buffer size on logging
- High-rate logging on any SD card?
UTC1129 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12323
- Custom AHRS rotation
- Degrees vs radians
- We kind of stuffed up documentation vs code
- Code accepts radians
- Documentation is degrees
- Do we fix this?
- Supposed to be degrees
- Probably safe to change?
- [9:35 AM] (Channel) Michael_duBreuil: It also will immediately look wrong/off when they use it so they should catch it as long as they do some form of decent preflight
- Will be backported to Plane4.0
- Resolved to fix the code to be degrees
- Jacob will contact people
- [9:57 AM] (Channel) PH: why catch the fish?
- [9:58 AM] (Channel) JW: they’re delicious
- [9:58 AM] (Channel) JW: and invasive
UTC1130 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/10846
- Reverse tricopter
- Works for Peter Hall on RealFlight
- Needs documentation
- Possibly efficient for a quadplane?
UTC1138 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/7432
- Copter failsafe refactoring
- Bit scope-creeped
- Lots and lots of tests!
- Parameter conversion still needs fixing before merge
UTC1149 - Plane update from tridge
- No new beta3 out yet
- Couple of important fixes
- Long-outstanding issue with GPS outage of 9 to 11 seconds
- Single lost byte could cause this
- Would go to 0 satellites
- Forced landing for Copter etc
- GPS disconnecting on USB power?
- Increased byte-corruption on USB, perhaps
- Not sure about whether takeoff mode will go in
- Serious CAN bug will also go into Beta3
- Causes UART issues if using CAN ESCs
- GPS Failsafes triggering….
- And scheduling issues
UTC1154 - Copter update
- velocity/position averaged over 10 seconds
- Rover 3.5 has a regression on wheel odometry
- Ebin is working on it
- Definitely one we should fix before we release
- Issue will be created to track the betas
- Collective settings wrong == Heli reaches for the sky
- stab/acro still work
- Need to see if it is in 3.6
- Arm in stab, switch to auto, takeoff when ready?
- Col-mid takeoff indefinitely?
- Relative vs absolute
- Special thanks to Henry for testing and fixing bits and pieces in Rover
- Including follow mode using QGC!
UTC0009 - Canberra Unconference
- 21st/22nd or 28/29 March
- Start thinking about travel now!
- Something things to fix
- Not a lot of food options in walking distance
- No boats where we did talks
- Small room
- 35 or so people
- May have a few more this year
- Can’t fix everything!
- Will be at SpringValley
- Marquee at the flying site at Spring Valley?
- Conference talks right next to flying site
- Further from food and things
- Go for fancy hotel by the lake?
- More expensive
- Nice view over lake
- Boats right outside
- Larger rooms
- Please contact tridge to get on Skype group to discuss conference
- Several jumped on that immediately
- Very cheap to run in 2019
- More expensive in 2020
- We have a chunk of money in the bank
- $10,000 budget to run a really nice conference
- If it is two days, should it be Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun
- three days does increase minimum cost
- Three would allow for more tutorial-style things
- Marquee would be for a week
- Would still use that flying field even if using other hotels
- Hotel options?
- Hyatt Canberra
- 5-star on lake
- Meetings rooms $4,000/day
- Rooms are $250/night
- [10:24 AM] (Channel) AndrewTridgell: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/australia/hyatt-hotel-canberra-a-park-hyatt-hotel/canbe
- [10:24 AM] (Channel) Craig.Elder: !!!
- [10:25 AM] To Weekly devcall: Their buffet is awesome.
- [10:25 AM] To Weekly devcall: I wouldn’t make the talks.
- [10:25 AM] To Weekly devcall: Too busy eating.
- [10:25 AM] (Channel) MdB: You’d be on your computer eating though
- [10:25 AM] (Channel) MdB: So just type to us
- [10:25 AM] (Channel) MdB: And we’ll get some TTS going for you
- $25/night for parking isn’t unusual
- Tridge was trying to keep the price down this year
- Really cheap conference
- One step up in hotel….
- Diplomat too small?
- Marquee includes tables and chairs and solid floor
- [10:30 AM] (Channel) MdB: PROPS + SPINNY CHAIRS!
- [10:30 AM] (Channel) MdB: First person to roverize their chair wins
- [10:30 AM] (Channel) MdB: build challenge
- ~$5,000 for the week
- PH: just roverize the whole tent
- [10:31 AM] (Channel) MdB: I’m generally in favor of conf at flying field
- [10:31 AM] (Channel) MdB: Could be convinced otherwise though
- Spit roast for dinner?
- Dale’s lamb and chicken again?
- [10:33 AM] (Channel) Peter_Hall: well we can’t come to Australia and not have a BBQ
- [10:33 AM] To Weekly devcall: @PH ITYM “barbie”
- [10:33 AM] To Weekly devcall: And/or “barby”
- Funding developers is most definitely something we want to do
UTC0021 - moved to -O2 optimisation
- Smaller and faster!
- -O2 was the best balance
UTC0035 - Jacob and Sub update
[10:34 AM] (Channel) JW: i tagged sub 3.6 beta today
[10:34 AM] (Channel) JW: and updating stable shortly
- Branched from master 6 months ago
- Many critical bugfixes have gone in since then
- Jacob and tridge will go through that
[10:37 AM] (Channel) JW: we’ll be able to do a 4.0 next year