Issues & Pull Requests
Attendee count (max): 20
UTC1102 - random PRs merged
UTC1116 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13693
- Use c preprocessor to use block libraries out from scripting?
- MdB would prefer to do it in scripting itself
- Allows definition of motors matrix from scripting
- Scripting would preclude the ability to compile out a feature without this
- MdB doesn’t like fragmenting features with the defines
- It can cause issues for people who actually use it
- E.g. booting faster has previously caused gps firmware loading issues due to initialisation races
- New and interesting failure modes which others can’t reproduce
- Tridge We have a 1000 parameters which modify our behaviour
- Enable parameters at zero is essentially the same as disabling things?
- It changes the compilation layout…
- Support load comes from massive number of parameters we have
- Compiling features out reduces the number of parameters so the firmware is simpler
- SmartRTL is an example
- Company complained about getting SmartRTL buffer overflow
- Keeps the buffer in case you switch to SmartRTL later
- [10:24 AM] To Weekly devcall: Isn’t there a parameter for the buffer size?
- [10:24 AM] (Channel) MdB: peter yeah
- [10:25 AM] To Weekly devcall: So if it is zero we shouldn’t bitch about it being full, I’d guess.
- Piping out to gcc?
- To get Mark’s patch in we’d need to generation-per-build
- Use stubs instead?
- Vector3f - scripting can make and manipulate and pass them in/out
- To make it optional we couldn’t just comment out the creation of that function as all referencers need to be fixed
- Put special case in for the time being
- Teach generator to add the ifdef programatically?
- Strcmp motorsmatrix in generator?
- Add singleton ap motors vehicle copter plane or vice-verse for a blacklist
- Emit a #ifdef APM_Vehicle() conditional compilation into generated code
- Compiling out a feature would break scripts?
- Perhaps something more general in the generator
- Some sort of an expression in the singleton table?
- We often have an enable (e.g. HAL_ENABLE_BLHELI)
- Make singletons depend on those?
- MdB will help out on Wednesday.
UTC1136 - defines.h and config.h
- Use hwdef.dat?
- Doesn’t work on Linux!
- Linux.h has the equivalent
- Want to move AP_Stats up to base class
- Not Copter vs Plane, ‘though
- Want to be able to move AP_Stats up to AP_Vehicle
UTC1145 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13680
- Fix compilation of toymode
- Rename T constants to include TOYMODE
- Can then be merged
UTC1150 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13679
UTC1150 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13676
- Can be merged once it is tested
- The …. Comment has to go
UTC0003 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13672
- Add a priority column?
- Navigation has to happen after GPS updates for example
- When should this sort of patch go in?
- Need a pace for the small structural improvements
- Parameter reset issue is soaking a huge amount of time
- Clock performance
- Put this one on hold for the time being
UTC0023 - Clock drift on CPUs
- Really long logfiles with fixes for different boards would be good to get to MdB
- Not sure if it is crappy clocks or us misconfiguring
- We really should know what the cause is
- Drifting at the AP_HAL::micros() level?
- Maybe there are some stm32 registers we can poke?
- Get relative drift from two boards at same time without GPS by connecting both
- External reference is good
UTC0034 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13667
- Send text to users when calibration is bounced
- Arming was disabled
UTC0035 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13660
UTC0043 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13621
- Several more days of effort required around this work
- Tridge is actively working in the area
UTC0050 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13603
- More testing required
- Several comments still to be addresses
- Logging is done out in ekf3 library
- Should be done in the gsf library instead would be better
- Backport to EKF2?
- Relies on time alignment of data from the EKF
- Would need to do its own alignment to be usable from EK2.
- Some cases where EK3 performs much worse than EK2 in master
- Need Replay working again
- Generic delay buffer?
- Make this the relay buffer?
- Isolate EK2/EK3 from reset of ArduPilot and it has to go via a shim layer
- The shim layer does the logging
- Maybe a GSoC project?
- Different namespace rather than AP::?
- EK3 is used in high-end vehicles
- So we really do need to get to the mag issue
UTC0103 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13476
- Make devices optional
- A bunch of #defines
- Inside rangefinder
- So turn rangefinder backends off individually
- Broken in CI
- Supposed to be NFC
- Not enough benefit
- Granularity of ifdefs too great; no appetite for this sort of change
UTC0105 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13343
- Spend time solving fundamental issues we have
- Not going to merge this one as is
UTC0112 - plane takeoff
- Comment added
- Henry will have a go at a PR for it
UTC0119 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/mavlink/pull/130
UTC0120 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12887
- Keeping button or killing it?
- Tridge thinks we should keep it for scripting
- Basic debouncing
UTC0120 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12800
- Incorrect fix; we should be trying to get rid of these entries
UTC0129 - Copter issues
UTC0132 - Plane issues
UTC0132 - close